Bought myself a commuter car today....save some miles on the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True what you said about dual clutches and the 10 speeds. Computers can always change gears quicker than a person but there is something so fun about slaming 6500 rpm shifts in a getrag 6 speed and being in full control of when that happens.

I’m not disagreeing, which is why my 19 Mustang GT has the MT82 and not the 10R80, even though the 10R turns the car into an 11 sec. car instead of low to mid 12s.

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job dad. Sadly, my son hasn't had the joy of driving a stick but he's been through 3 or 4 dirtbikes with a clutch.
Thanks! That's one thing I haven't been able to do with my son. My wife hates motorcycles and I was in two near major accidents in Austin when I was going to school at UT. All due to idiots that weren't paying attention and failed to see me. It's a good thing I could tell something bad was close by and was able to maneuver out of the situation. I would use my roommate's Honda 750 to go back and forth to campus. Much easier to find parking back then with a bike. Anyway, because of my experiences and my wife's dislike for the motorcycles (not the bike itself just how easily it would be to perish at the hands of an idiot), we never really had access to a bike so that I could teach my son. Not that I'm too disappointed, since I'm just as happy having him driving a car versus a motorcycle. But now he's moved away to Seattle and he'll have to figure it out himself. Hell, I'm not even sure if modern bikes nowadays still have manual transmissions or if they are now all automatic. But I used to enjoy the hell of riding that Honda 750 down I-35 to get to campus. Back then the traffic wasn't nearly as bad as it is now.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Thanks! That's one thing I haven't been able to do with my son. My wife hates motorcycles and I was in two near major accidents in Austin when I was going to school at UT. All due to idiots that weren't paying attention and failed to see me. It's a good thing I could tell something bad was close by and was able to maneuver out of the situation. I would use my roommate's Honda 750 to go back and forth to campus. Much easier to find parking back then with a bike. Anyway, because of my experiences and my wife's dislike for the motorcycles (not the bike itself just how easily it would be to perish at the hands of an idiot), we never really had access to a bike so that I could teach my son. Not that I'm too disappointed, since I'm just as happy having him driving a car versus a motorcycle. But now he's moved away to Seattle and he'll have to figure it out himself. Hell, I'm not even sure if modern bikes nowadays still have manual transmissions or if they are now all automatic. But I used to enjoy the hell of riding that Honda 750 down I-35 to get to campus. Back then the traffic wasn't nearly as bad as it is now.
Yeah, dirtbikes are a right of passage. I have told him that I will knock his block off if I catch him on a street bike.
We were sitting at a stop light and some dude on a honda wasn't paying attention and layed it down to avoid rear ending us, he slid right next to the passenger door where my son was sitting. I believe he left with a broken arm and some road rash. I think it was lesson enough.

PTeezy

Reaction score
2020 VW GTI - 6 speed.

0% for 72 months was just to good to pass up. I will use this as my daily driver for about 18 months and then give it to my youngest daughter when she starts driving. hould keep the miles down on my Raptor.

Good pickup. Anything that involves 0% interest for X terms is great. Can't beat that.

Shit, I have 0% for 48 months for my tempurpedic bed! lol

I can't pass that up!

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! That's one thing I haven't been able to do with my son. My wife hates motorcycles and I was in two near major accidents in Austin when I was going to school at UT. All due to idiots that weren't paying attention and failed to see me. .

Same..i had a dude turn left across my lane way back in 1992. 6 months in the hospital for me. flatlined for 15 seconds. Broken Back, collapsed lung, concussion, live-pancrease-small intestine all lacerated against my spinal column. I was messed up.

i would love to still ride...but that scared the motorcycle out of me.

Stantheatmman

Reaction score
All opinions ask 50 people and you get fifty different answers. I’ve never owned a vw. Friends have and like them. I’ve never had an interest but if That’s What someone wants good for them. If we only had one choice it would be a boring world. Not my choice but I don’t look down on someone for what they like. Whether it’s audio systems cars shoes a house. Etc. get the one you like. Not what your neighbor tells you to like.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mind sharing what kind of discount off MSRP you got in addition to the 0% financing?

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same..i had a dude turn left across my lane way back in 1992. 6 months in the hospital for me. flatlined for 15 seconds. Broken Back, collapsed lung, concussion, live-pancrease-small intestine all lacerated against my spinal column. I was messed up.

i would love to still ride...but that scared the motorcycle out of me.
Sorry to hear about that accident you had. Glad to see you recovered! That was exactly one of the scenarios that happend to me. I was going about 45 mph and a truck turned left right in front of me. Fortunately I could tell this idiot wasn't paying attention and fortunately the road I was on was very wide and there was no one else coming from his direction. So I was able to swing left hard into his lane to avoid the crash. When I looked back, the truck hadn't even braked or paused. I don't think they had a clue what had just happened and went along their merry way.

Johnfaeglasgow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got myself a ‘19 Honda Accord Sport last year to take some commuting miles off my Raptor. It’s been great! Comfortable, cheap, reliable, and I appreciate and enjoy my Raptor even more when I get to drive it now...
Next year I might trade it for a STi Subaru if I can
3f3f4cdc88806ea8c1fc465364170c2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro