Boss 427 Hurricane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To be offered as an option for a Roush performance Raptor in the future or just as a crate engine? (If they buy into it)

OP
OP
Chrisandalex1

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be offered as an option for a Roush performance Raptor in the future or just as a crate engine? (If they buy into it)

That is up to Ford and Roush, but my dealing with them is only to produce a crate engine.

Thanks for the thought though. This could really set the Roush Raptor apart and make it exciting.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crate would definitely be ideal, would be awesome in a couple of different applications, especially if I decide to build another old bronco!

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think for specs you can't go wrong with just developing the 777 motor as it sat when they finished the project and selling it as a turn key motor to just drop in, would be crazy fast for a raptor though, 8.73 second 1/4 mile in a mustang, wonder how close it'd stay with the right setup in the raptor

OP
OP
Chrisandalex1

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I had a long conversation today with Roush about bringing this engine to market, and here is the final word on this:

If we come to them with orders for 50 engines they will do the project.

They figure it will cost them roughly $250,000 for tooling, R&D, and other related expenses on this project, and as such would need to justify it in advance of building.

I am happy to be the point man on this if as a group we want to proceed.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i would be very interested in one but i'am now were close to that point in the build that is still a couple of year away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc