Best spray in bed liner!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Don't go to the linex in Montgomery they do shit work and it's been a hassle to get it fixed. Even at the regional managers directive

A few guys at work had great luck just over the border in WI, so I'll likeky be going there.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5xmxlZi11qgyos6o1_400.gif
Your gettin thise line-x too? Im gettin the grill gloss black n the fender flares as well.. n the ford on the grill the ruby red to match the paint... im sure thatll give it that tough look.. not a fan of the basic grey they got on them

Yup, saw some pics from guys here and it looks great. I'm with you, the gray plastic doesn't do it for me.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Chevy 1500 that I had sprayed with standard Line-X the day the dealer unloaded the truck off the semi. 16 months later and it still looks brand new. On the standard size bed I paid about $475 with tax. You can't go wrong with Line-X. It's the only Bedliner I've ever had installed in my truck aftermarket.

My 2014 Raptor I just picked up has the factory Ford spray in Bedliner and it looks just as cherry as the Line-X but Ford does a MUCH better job taping things off when they spray them at the factory.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Chevy 1500 that I had sprayed with standard Line-X the day the dealer unloaded the truck off the semi. 16 months later and it still looks brand new. On the standard size bed I paid about $475 with tax. You can't go wrong with Line-X. It's the only Bedliner I've ever had installed in my truck aftermarket.

My 2014 Raptor I just picked up has the factory Ford spray in Bedliner and it looks just as cherry as the Line-X but Ford does a MUCH better job taping things off when they spray them at the factory.

The factory bedliner is only about half as thick on the floor (65 mils) and you only get a 3 yr/36K warranty. If you have a problem, the auto dealer can't fix it, it's going to an aftermarket bedliner company for the repair and the original product is not available. The factory bedliner is aromatic (will fade) and has a 400 psi tear strength. LINE-X is about 125 mils only floor, has a limited lifetime warranty, and any LINE-X dealer can make the repair with the original product. You can opt for a UV stable LINE-X bedliner. The tear strength of standard or Premium is 490 psi (23% stronger). If you need it, you can get LINE-X Platinum which has a 750 psi tear strength (and is UV stable).

By the way, Rhino Tuff Grip and Hardline have a tear strength of 275 psi.

Yes, I've done LOTS of homework!

Last edited:

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory bedliner is only about half as thick on the floor (65 mils) and you only get a 3 yr/36K warranty. If you have a problem, the auto dealer can't fix it, it's going to an aftermarket bedliner company for the repair and the original product is not available. The factory bedliner is aromatic (will fade) and has a 400 psi tear strength. LINE-X is about 125 mils only floor, has a limited lifetime warranty, and any LINE-X dealer can make the repair with the original product. You can opt for a UV stable LINE-X bedliner. The tear strength of standard or Premium is 490 psi (23% stronger). If you need it, you can get LINE-X Platinum which has a 750 psi tear strength (and is UV stable).

By the way, Rhino Tuff Grip and Hardline have a tear strength of 275 psi.

Yes, I've done LOTS of homework!

I'm pretty sure the factory bedliner will be more than durable enough for what 90% of Raptor owners are going to use it for if their truck came equipped with one like mine did. If my Raptor that I located wouldn't have been ordered with the factory bedliner installed already I would have gotten a Line- X installed like I have in every other truck.

D

Deleted member 12951

If I had to order my raptor again, knowing what I know now, I would have never ordered the factory spray-in and tonneau cover. I cannot and would not recommend the factory spray-in if you had a choice.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory liner doesn't really compare to Line-X premium IMO. LineX is much thicker and harder/non-fade

PGHTerrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with Kevin 412-283-0106 at Line X of Pittsburgh in Bethel Park. It's the only local shop that I'm aware of. I believe it was $600 for the bed in premium and $150 for the rear wheel wells. I'd have to check to be sure.