Bed Tie-Down Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan, that rail mounted Masterlock shown in your first post is designed to also be mounted where the factory ford tie down loops are mounted using the original mounting holes. I have.mine mounted in place of one of the rear tie downs and it comes in handy for securing things.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Very cool that it uses the same mounting holes :waytogo:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I finally grabbed a pic of my setup, rough pic, but a pic still.

I have some footman loops and nylon webbing with buckles that are going to hold the folding chairs in place. Behind each fender-well is a spot for a small action packer with tiedowns. The 48" core-trak runs down the length of the bed to the cooler. In the center is the tiregate spare plate.

I have had no luck with mounting anything to the bedsides, it always vibrates out. Going to switch to rivets.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Its not a lock nut deal. Since you cant access the inside of the bedsides I use self tappers. No bueno.

On the bed itself nylocks work just fine.
Ahh. I am 95% sure I can access the backside of the bed sidewall I have discussed previously. I will double check before I start drilling holes.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

I plan on installing mine this weekend.

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTT. any new ideas out there? I would really like a setup like the Tundra's have.

I have a Hi-lift, Rotopax, powertank I want to mount to the sides of the bed.
I'll be putting in the bedrug/ Bakflip, so looking to get tracks/ mounts put into place before those mods.

My 1st thought was that I'll need to use nutserts to anchor somet type of track in there.

Mineratron

Reaction score
Any one got any more recent links / suggestions on how to fit/fix something in the rear to allow you to carry a heavier bike like a rally bike in the bed safely off-road?

Looking at taking the truck on sweep team duty for one of the local rally raids. Feedback welcome.