Bed Tie-Down Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, that rail mounted Masterlock shown in your first post is designed to also be mounted where the factory ford tie down loops are mounted using the original mounting holes. I have.mine mounted in place of one of the rear tie downs and it comes in handy for securing things.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329860824534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329860824534.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 125

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan, that rail mounted Masterlock shown in your first post is designed to also be mounted where the factory ford tie down loops are mounted using the original mounting holes. I have.mine mounted in place of one of the rear tie downs and it comes in handy for securing things.

any more info on that? it bolts up using the factory holes, you don't have to drill them out or anything? Got a model #? I'd like to order one up!

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No drilling.the included hardware gives you the option to mount in either a stake pocket or in the factory tie down locations.

I actually found mine on the closeout rack at autozone for $10. I'll check the garage tomorrow to see if I still have the packaging for part numbers but you might be able to find it on the Masterlock website

V2iper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:birgits_tiredcoffeeI have used the rail system Kaiser pictured. They are awesome, I have moved them to 2 different trucks when I sold one. Now I have the set in my 8x12 utility trailer...They Work!,,

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
There's a product I am unfamiliar with called "Liner Lock" that's designed to work with plastic drop-in bed liners. I'm not sure many Raptor owners are considering a drop-in bed liner but this is a solution for those who are.

Gas_Can_small.jpg

4_pack_small.jpg

Ha, funny. I know the guy that "invented" these. He was a little late, bed liners kinda went out of style.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No drilling.the included hardware gives you the option to mount in either a stake pocket or in the factory tie down locations.

I actually found mine on the closeout rack at autozone for $10. I'll check the garage tomorrow to see if I still have the packaging for part numbers but you might be able to find it on the Masterlock website

Thanks. I'll take a look at the local parts stores, but I'm sure Amazon will have it as well. That'll be handy for when I'm at the track locking my gear up if needed. The bakflip is pretty secure but anybody who owns one or looked at pics online knows it's a simple hooked coat hook away from opening.

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reptar, Masterlocks website shows 2 different numbers for the truck bed lock and I will try to confirm which one I have later when I can get out to the garage.

here are the links from the website

Products - No. 8287 Truck Bed U-Locks - 8287KAAT - Master Lock®

Products - No. 8287 Truck Bed U-Locks - 8287DAT - Master Lock®

edit* I went back and read the product pages a little better, I have the 8287DAT lock. The 8287KAAT lock is for their "Keyed alike" series where you can buy multiple locks with the same key so either one may work for you

Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan View Post
There's a product I am unfamiliar with called "Liner Lock" that's designed to work with plastic drop-in bed liners. I'm not sure many Raptor owners are considering a drop-in bed liner but this is a solution for those who are.

Ha, funny. I know the guy that "invented" these. He was a little late, bed liners kinda went out of style.

I've tried to liner locks before, they didnt work very well for me

I'm probably one of the few Raptor Owners that actually wishes he had a "drop in" bed liner. While I dont haul a lot of large items I do load the bed on a regular basis and I like the convenience of using "Bed Bugs" to secure the load and keep it from shifting around while I'm driving. After 7 years of owning trucks with less than 8 foot beds the bedliner/bed bug combination seems like best way(at least in my experience) to make use of the available space and secure a load.

Last edited:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Here are the locations I am contemplating installing the tracks:
truck_bed01a.jpg

I will install 2 x 48" sections in the bottom of the bed as indicated by the red or green line (leaning towards red line location). Trey, which location did you use?

I will also install a 12" section on each of the rear sidewalls (to start off with) as shown here:
truck_bed02a.jpg

These would be used for fuel cans and / or to bolt down a CO2 tank bracket.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Here are the locations I am contemplating installing the tracks:
truck_bed01a.jpg

I will install 2 x 48" sections in the bottom of the bed as indicated by the red or green line (leaning towards red line location). Trey, which location did you use?

I will also install a 12" section on each of the rear sidewalls (to start off with) as shown here:
truck_bed02a.jpg

These would be used for fuel cans and / or to bolt down a CO2 tank bracket.

Red line