Bed Protection Overkill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mavrik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so is it overkill to do the whole LineX deal to the bed then add the Bed Rug?

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope. linex to protect the bed and bedrug to protect what you put in the bed. shit won't slide around.

OP
OP
M

Mavrik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I Didn't Think Of That

Thx LSU...Didn't even consider the whole protecting my cargo idea...Guess I'm focused on taking care of my new toy more...Much appreciated

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's not overkill, but it's not really...necessary. If you're wanting to protect your bed, don't watch the shop prep your bed for the Line-X. They scrape, sand and scuff the factory fresh, beautiful paint.

Just get the BedRug and be done with it! The bottom of my bed is perfect. In that statements defense though, I have a BakFlip F1 tonneau cover.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HOw do you plan on getting the bedrug to stay in place? I installed mine and hand to clean off the bed with alcohol and place the velcro (hook & loop fastener for us military type) on a smooth surface.

IMO, if you are going to abuse the bed of your truck hauling rocks and dirt or what not, linex it....if you just want general protection from the elements and often put things back there, go with a bedrug with a tonneau.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK so is it overkill to do the whole LineX deal to the bed then add the Bed Rug?

YES it is overkill. You're wasting your money. The line-x isn't going to do anything but make the velcro securing the bedrug in place not want to stick very well. Even if you beat the ever loving chit out of the bedrug and tear it up and abuse it (which it will take a lot of abuse because the bedrug can take a pretty good beating), all that will do is beat the bedrug, but do nothing to the bed. So there's really no point of a layer of linex between the bed and the bedrug other than burning money away for nothing and adding unnecessary weight to the truck.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOw do you plan on getting the bedrug to stay in place? I installed mine and hand to clean off the bed with alcohol and place the velcro (hook & loop fastener for us military type) on a smooth surface.

IMO, if you are going to abuse the bed of your truck hauling rocks and dirt or what not, linex it....if you just want general protection from the elements and often put things back there, go with a bedrug with a tonneau.

Nacho makes a great point. The velco from the bedrug will not stick well to the Line-X and considering there are like 60 velco connections, its a bad idea.

The Bedrug is all you need for bed protection anyway. :peace:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also to point out, I've had a bedrug in my 1st HD truck for 9+ years now. Truck has 53k miles and was used a decent amount during those miles and the bedrug still looks mint and underneath looks brand new.

I added one on my street truck (2nd 00 HD) with 900 miles on the clock. At 25k miles when I sold it I removed the bedrug and same thing, looked MINT underneath, like it had 901 miles. Even the velcro adhesive peeled off nicely because its a high grade adhesive that doesn't just tear apart and stay stuck on the paint. And I used that truck as a TRUCK moreso than I ever should have. Hauling buliding supplies, hauling scrap and junk to the dump, 800 lbs of scrapmetal, several engines, spilled oil on the bedrug and several weeks later got around to cleaning it up and with some degreaser it scrubbed out without leaving a mark. I sold the bedrug separately from the truck and it still looked almost brand new even after 2 years of abuse. The only thing harder I could have done to the bedrug was slam stuff into the bed that weighed a shat ton, or like dropping cinderblocks off the 2nd story, which even a line-x coating isn't going to stop that from denting the bed!

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I didn't read this right the first time. I was thinking the question was just about the mat. A full bed rug is overkill. I change my vote.

OP
OP
M

Mavrik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got It

I gotta tell ya all that I just love this forum...You ask a queston and lots of smart folks give you the benefit of their experience...Can't be beat...Thanks all...Bed Rug it is