Bed Protection Overkill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my bed Rhino lined and the I have a heavy rubber mat in it. Not overkill.

CSX4350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1, I had put in my deal that the dealer had to do a spray in bedliner, but this thread convinced me to try the bedrug instead.

I gotta tell ya all that I just love this forum...You ask a queston and lots of smart folks give you the benefit of their experience...Can't be beat...Thanks all...Bed Rug it is

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my bed Rhino lined and the I have a heavy rubber mat in it. Not overkill.

It's one thing to have the bed lined and then buy an inexpensive bed mat.
It's another thing to spend the money on having it sprayed and then buying an expensive bedrug that won't stay in place. Total waist of time and money. just my 2cents.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's another thing to spend the money on having it sprayed and then buying an expensive bedrug that won't stay in place. Total waist of time and money. just my 2cents.

ditto. I did something similar on my bedrug in the street truck. Kept the OEM HD logo rubber bed mat in there. Didn't really need the added protection, but the HD logo mat looked nice, and was easier to keep things clean since I could just pull the rubber mat out to dump any sand or dirt, rather than having to vacuum the bedrug.

sully

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have the heavy rubber bed mat that is made for the F150.(OEM) I have had it through 3 trucks now. It does NOT slip at all. It never slipped when laying on just the painted bed or on a Rhino lined bed. I kept it when I traded in my other trucks. I have hauled a lot of firewood and rock in my other trucks and have had no problems keeping the bed in great shape.
But,your opinion is worth exactly what I paid for it. :)

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you didn't read his post. he was talking about a bedrug not really wanting to stick to a spray in-liner, not a bed mat just laying on the floor of the bed with a spray in liner.

RapaTon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had planned on linex but this thread and the deals over the weekend put me in a bedrug. Got it with tailgate step for a little over $350 shipped (with rebate).

RapaTon

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where'd you snag that deal from RapaTon?

I plan on ordering mine tomorrow, I'd like to see if they can match if they don't give me that same price.