Back glass shattered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At least it was a Great Bus to be hit by!
Sooo back to the thread, maybe I just been lucky. I will prolly be looking for the answer when it gets posted of best way to disable it. Just curious, when they shatter, are the trucks fairly new or if truck is a few years old safe?

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
At least it was a Great Bus to be hit by!
Sooo back to the thread, maybe I just been lucky. I will prolly be looking for the answer when it gets posted of best way to disable it. Just curious, when they shatter, are the trucks fairly new or if truck is a few years old safe?

It can happen at any time, or never happen at all.

1149706.gif

OP
OP

Reaction score
Yes wakko0o I have been reading this thread! I totally understand- kids love to push buttons��. I guess I am luckly, like many others(wonder how many thousands have worked as published for every one failure), used mine many times. Guess I will continue, have bumper to bumper extended warranty, less 100 bucks. Good luck to ya’ll with the wire pulling. Get the right combo figured out or fuse Post it up for all

I also have the extended warranty, they denied the claim. I provided the proof that it's a common problem and they didn't care. I had to go through my insurance and pay my $500 deductible.

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

If you remote start your rig, it will also turn it on if it deems necessary. So that was my only reason for disconnecting it.

You can disable that through the settings

wakko0o

Reaction score
Now that’s BS, to deny!

That’s Ford for you bro. I have seen this thread in every forum and the same ordeal with the dealer.

I am also confirming that the heated mirrors do work after disconnecting the defrost in the rear glass. What I don’t like is that the light does not come on to tell you is on or off but it does work. And I also touch the rear glass to feel for any heat on the center slide window and that is also off. I’m happy with it.

I wonder if pulling the fuse does the same thing. Waiting on the update on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s Ford for you bro. I have seen this thread in every forum and the same ordeal with the dealer.

I am also confirming that the heated mirrors do work after disconnecting the defrost in the rear glass. What I don’t like is that the light does not come on to tell you is on or off but it does work. And I also touch the rear glass to feel for any heat on the center slide window and that is also off. I’m happy with it.

I wonder if pulling the fuse does the same thing. Waiting on the update on that

Pulling fuse 32 disables the rear defrost AND the heated mirrors...so if still want the mirrors, i guess you gotta disconnect the wires on the rear window.
I have never used the rear defrost/heated mirror button so a little insurance by pulling the fuse for me to keep my rear window intact and my wallet full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wakko0o

Reaction score
Pulling fuse 32 disables the rear defrost AND the heated mirrors...so if still want the mirrors, i guess you gotta disconnect the wires on the rear window.
I have never used the rear defrost/heated mirror button so a little insurance by pulling the fuse for me to keep my rear window intact and my wallet full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you for the update on the fuse. Definitely considerate the mirrors for foggy/misty days. Even by pressing the button not knowing if is on or off the truck leaves it on for only 10min anyways. Read that on the manual [emoji1417]