Auto Start/Stop Button Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, no issue with the connection. I called another dealership Friday and they said they can take a look at it tomorrow. Just continuing to document and share what's going on with it as I haven't seen anyone else with this issues. Perhaps it will help someone later on.

This cooled seat issue just popped up this morning, but I think I may have noticed it yesterday and chalked it up to forgetting that I had turned on the cooled seats at the time lol.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fiddled with the Remote Start and Climate Features in the Advance Settings on the driver dash display. The cooled seats turning on issue continued but I got out to pick something up at the store and it's gone away after that restart cycle. Some apparently something I did in the settings fixed the cooled seat issue.

tenor.gif

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALL FIXED! Technician notes say "front module wasn't programmed at other dealership. programmed, verified repair". Says all issues, Auto Start/Stop Button, Heated Steering Wheel, phantom Cooled Seats turning on are related to the first dealership not reprogramming the "front module" after replacing the center dash trim.

Anyone know what the "Front Module" is? Assumed it would be the PCM like the service center rep said, but this sounds different.

EDIT.

From ForScan sheet. Assuming this is what the other dealership somehow got messed up when they replaced the dash.
7A7-01-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Start/Stop Button Strategy: 0=Vehicle not equipped with Start/Stop button, 1=Vehicle equipped with Start/Stop button
7A7-01-02 **** xxxx xxxx 8=Heated steering wheel icon enable, 0=Heated steering wheel icon disabled

Logan Elliott

Reaction score
You can enable all of these settings using FORScan - get the dual can OBDLink for 50 bucks on amazon and there’s all types of settings to mess with.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the guys that talked smack for my dislike of “technology for technology’s sake” - looked for 801a w/ a lot of options of 802a.....I like a key.

I once drove through 3 states w/ the keys to my wife’s push button smart key MDX on the windshield cowl lol!