Auto Start/Stop Button Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Disappointing, but at least now you know it’s not just something simple you could’ve fixed.

? for you - any chance you have Forscan? If so, you can pull and clear diagnostic trouble codes. It wouldn’t surprise me to find a DTC for this, probably something that can be cleared and maybe never seen again.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about using ForScan too. I bought the OBDII connector a few weeks ago but don’t have a laptop to use it with at the moment. Talked to a different service center and they can get me in Tuesday. But like you said it may be as simple as a code reset or possibly PCM reflash.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve had 2 oddball issues that were DTC’s I caused
one temp sensor reading from when I pulled the grille, the other was from overloading the bed light circuit. In each case I knew what I’d done, so Forscan just confirmed it. Once I cleared it, back to normal.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a master reset on Sync and no luck resolving the heated steering wheel icon being grayed out. It's almost like the service department disabled the auto start/stop and steering wheel somehow.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull out the connection under wheel as suggested or put in sport mode - when my truck was stock putting it in sport mode was part of starting it & putting my seat belt on- every time ;-)

Really?? I like the throttle response, and suspension difference in sport mode, but I don’t like how long it holds the gears for normal driving. More often then not when I’m in sport mode, I’m also in manual mode.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really?? I like the throttle response, and suspension difference in sport mode, but I don’t like how long it holds the gears for normal driving. More often then not when I’m in sport mode, I’m also in manual mode.

takes some getting used to, but if you’re gentle on the throttle & start to learn how it goes through the gears you can get a pretty damn good response in Sport - after a while the adaptive tranny software learns not to hold the lower gear like that under very light throttle it’ll just hold for a second then shift up, it’ll get more aggressive holding the gears the more aggressive you are on the throttle

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is becoming a comedy of issues. Check this video out. Keep a close eye on the auto start stop icon on the dash and the cooled seats button on the center console.

When the auto start/stop turns off the truck (which I can't disable because of the other problems) and then turns back on again, my cooled seats automatically turn on by themselves! WTF lol

PS the video was taken in a parking lot in the confines of a parking space.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
PS the video was taken in a parking lot in the confines of a parking space.

So nothing but a Ford Tech’s feelings were / will be hurt in the filming of that video ;-)

That’s pretty weird.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a different Ford dealership you can take it too? While agree that the Auto start/stop was likely a loose connection, it does not appear to be. I would take it to a 2nd dealership and let them deal with sorting it all out.