Auto Start/Stop Button Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMan703

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely enough reason to find a new place. Steering wheel heater is the best on a cold day

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried remote start and it didn't work... Not sure what they screwed up now and I wonder if it's something larger. The steering wheel button isn't even physical but fails to respond to any presses on the screen. This is insane.

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately complaining here to us won't help. As others have said, you can either try to pull the trim piece yourself and plug the connector or find a new dealer.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the plan at this point. Just documenting it here if it happens to anyone else. Can’t find any other posts with these issues so I guess I’m the OG.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Have you popped out the dash panel yet? it’s 10 minute tops, and maybe it saves you some time.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you popped out the dash panel yet? it’s 10 minute tops, and maybe it saves you some time.

I will this afternoon. Haven’t had the time to dedicate to that yet. Just don’t know how that would also impact the heated whee button being greyed out on the sync screen but worth a shot.

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will this afternoon. Haven’t had the time to dedicate to that yet. Just don’t know how that would also impact the heated whee button being greyed out on the sync screen but worth a shot.

You've spent at least an hour posting, taking videos, "documenting" and way overthinking this simple fix.

As "smurfslayer" mentioned, popup the panel, plug the connector in and be on your way in 10 minutes.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled it apart and didn’t see anything loose. Took the plug for that button off and re attached and still not working. Weird thing is that it lights up.

Didn’t fix the heated wheel button being greyed out either. Not sure how they are related or if they are but hope the dealer can figure it out next week.