Auto Start/Stop Button Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it with the Service Department where I bought my truck from in December. Had them investigate some CarPlay issues and they removed the center dash trim, chipped it in 3 places. Waited a month and a half for them to figure out how to replace it. Got it fixed yesterday and now the button to disable auto start stop is a dummy switch. Doesn't do a thing, no lights, not disabling auto off, nothing. Anyone have this issue with the button or know where I can look to fix it? Don't want to take it back to them and my local service center can't get me in till next Wednesday.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The auto start stop is On and I'm unable to disable it with the button. The back light doesn't work either so it has me thinking they didn't plug something in right when they replaced that trim piece.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you do not want the auto stop on ever, just do the unplug connector fix under the steering wheel and be done with it. That’s what I did 2 years ago.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend it sounds like they forgot to plug it back in. You can pop the top piece off, take out two bolts, then pop the front basil out and replug the switch. Simple process and will take about 10 min.

Might have to give this a try, but it's just one connector from what I've seen and every other button is working... So it may be something else.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean its one connector? Each of the switches has their own connector. While you have the switch accessible jumper across the black and white wires and you will illuminate the auto stop/start function.

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pull out the connection under wheel as suggested or put in sport mode - when my truck was stock putting it in sport mode was part of starting it & putting my seat belt on- every time ;-)

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the video I watched on how to remove the console it looks like a couple buttons share a single plug. I know I can just unplug the cable under the wheel but this is a 2020 and has something broken so obviously it should be fixed.

ALSO just noticed I can’t turn my heated steering wheel on! Hitting the button on the display doesn’t do a thing.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Man, you don’t want talking monkeys in your truck so try to do the console trim piece pull yourself. As previously mentioned, it’s 2x 7mm bolts, requiring a socket and driver. You do need pretty strong hands, OR a trim pulling kit - plastic putty knife would probably be ok for this. I’m betting this connector just didn’t get plugged or fully seated.

At least video it for your dealer service mangler.

maybe a loose connection back there also for the steering wheel... does it work on remote start?