Anyway to display outside temp in the gauge cluster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your home screen still show the actual map when using Car Play? Mine just shows a blank area that says "maps" with an icon that takes me back to Car Play... it doesn't show the actual navigation map.

yeah, just shows the blank map. it's not a big deal to me, i just use waze anyways.

the only thing i don't like is that when i'm streaming pandora and it's on that screen, it only shows the titles sometimes. haven't figured out how to fix that issue yet.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again, what I’m trying to accomplish is be able to use Car Play AND display my temp. I know I can toggle back and forth between sync and car play. I also know I can disable car play all together. Neither of these allow me to use car play and view temp simultanously.

Based on the replies I’m assuming there’s no setting to make this happen. So the next question is if there’s a forscan tweak to allow for this?

I think it kinda sucks that carplay pretty much kills the SiriusXM apps that come 'free' with the truck- those little apps are pretty neat... weather, movies, sports, etc... all of which aren't available on friggin carplay!?

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, the implementation seems quite limited. I don't know if these limitations are on Fords end or Apple but it certainly needs to improve.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
most likely it's a combo of both - Apple has to dumb down the app availability because the Blackberry QNX stuff is just 'OK' for computing on the dash...

now if we had a beefier computer running the touchscreen, it would be on par with tablets, etc..

Morn

Reaction score
It really is kind of strange they don't include the outside temp as an option to display on the dash.

I use the information a lot in the winter to help gauge whether it might be icy on the roads, especially going to/from the mountain passes since the temp varies quite a bit with the elevation changes. It would be much easier to just glance down to take note of it.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder if there are any Carplay apps you can download that would show the temp with the app/widget.

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Download the app called weatherology. It will show up on carplay and give you weather info on your location.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most likely it's a combo of both - Apple has to dumb down the app availability because the Blackberry QNX stuff is just 'OK' for computing on the dash...

now if we had a beefier computer running the touchscreen, it would be on par with tablets, etc..
Not sure how it is why the new Sync 4, but agree