Air bump psi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don’t have then yet, but have wondered the same. After my wife spends all my money for Christmas, I intend to get the SVC kit with 2in Fox bumps…. rendering the SQHD bump pads and RPG factory extensions as more spare parts. Do they just use air or nitrogen/ CO 2? Wondered that also

I run the SVC Kit with the Fox 2.0 IFP's on my truck and love it.
We carry SVC's Bump kit here at Apollo Optics. Happy to go over it with you if you have any questions. Happy to help.

2012SCSVT

Reaction score
Please excuse me while I take you away from the enthralling threads of "which tire do I buy" and ask a question that I don't seem to see regularly.

Those running air/hydraulic bump stops (more specifically king 2.5)

What psi are you running? At least what is a good starting point?

Thanks
Old-guy

This is going to depend on your set up. I would not even think of it as a pressure number.

Just reset the o-ring/rubber disc that comes on the bumps.

Set a super high pressure that you can bleed off easily. Do a section that can cycle the stops on the terrain and at the speed you wish to run the truck at.

Inspect the o-ring.

For this I would let the let the bump cycle 3/4 of max. Starting with the high pressure and slowly letting it out until you reach 3/4 bump compression, leaving that last 1/4 for larger hits that you are not tuning for.

Anyway. That's what I recommend doing.

But I understand that this answer may not be satisfactory it includes pesky work, and you are just looking for a baseline with stock travel try this:

Whoop section 2' : 130psi
High speed Wash, with surprises:150psi
Trails with flex: 80psi
Dunes g/outs: 110 psi

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is going to depend on your set up. I would not even think of it as a pressure number.

Just reset the o-ring/rubber disc that comes on the bumps.

Set a super high pressure that you can bleed off easily. Do a section that can cycle the stops on the terrain and at the speed you wish to run the truck at.

Inspect the o-ring.

For this I would let the let the bump cycle 3/4 of max. Starting with the high pressure and slowly letting it out until you reach 3/4 bump compression, leaving that last 1/4 for larger hits that you are not tuning for.

Anyway. That's what I recommend doing.

But I understand that this answer may not be satisfactory it includes pesky work, and you are just looking for a baseline with stock travel try this:

Whoop section 2' : 130psi
High speed Wash, with surprises:150psi
Trails with flex: 80psi
Dunes g/outs: 110 psi
Thanks, I understand there will be tuning. Baseline starting position is what I am looking for. Your information helps.

Last edited:

2012SCSVT

Reaction score
Understood, the normal just plain Jane Baseline for setting up a brand new stanard bump on a random truck with no turning at all; is the sprung weight at that corner divided by 6 equals the psi.

As you know, there is wayyyy more to it than that but that's the king baseline in general.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
that seems low.
I think I run 150 psi in my 2.5 Kings

Believe the thought process is to slow the suspension down and not just hit a stop. But this is just a place to start. One would need to adjust pressures based on their style of driving and over their terrain.

The curbs at my Starbucks is ok for a lower pressure at the moment.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Believe the thought process is to slow the suspension down and not just hit a stop. But this is just a place to start. One would need to adjust pressures based on their style of driving and over their terrain.

Even at 190, I can still use all the travel, so it is slowing the end stroke down as it should.
I've tried lower, but anything under 120 and you might as well just have a rubber snubber.. It blows through the stroke and ends with a bang..bottomed out. I don't want the bang..lol

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I imagine it depends on everyone's setup. I swear months ago someone posted they had their suspension so dialed in they were only running 40psi.

Was probably a 70k+ build.

If you have 3/4 SVC catalog I would defer to their experience and adjust from there.

Kind of what I am doing with all of FRF experience.

Last edited: