AG 801A screw arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason I can't build a 801A with blind spot detection on Ford's website.
Says I have to upgrade to the 802A......is the website different than the actual build sheets?
I'm confused.

you sure your selecting BLIS?
worked for me when i went to the website and added blis to the 801a option.

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
you sure your selecting BLIS?
worked for me when i went to the website and added blis to the 801a option.

Yup your right,you can add BLIS with the 801A.
I didn't add the BLIS package,but it says if you add the LED side-mirror spotlights and the power glass side view with heat,turn signal,auto-dimming feature the skull caps come painted

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup your right,you can add BLIS with the 801A.
I didn't add the BLIS package,but it says if you add the LED side-mirror spotlights and the power glass side view with heat,turn signal,auto-dimming feature the skull caps come painted

yup but i have yet to see a single truck with these options to come with the painted caps. its almost like it wasn't actually put into the system to build it this way.

VBuffone

Reaction score
I called Ford Performance today to get answers on the this because I have a December 801a Scab order with the upgraded mirrors. Customer service confirmed that they should be painted on the 801a if they are upgraded. I told him that there has been multiple 801a trucks with black skull caps. He could not give me a straight answer on whether or not the factory was going to rectify this. He said have your dealer to contact the regional sales rep for your area to get it rectified.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw an 801A Raptor today at a local dealer. It had spotlight mirrors, but unpainted mirror caps.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greeting raptorians...
...I am not unhappy just wanted to make sure that I get what I paid for...

Well, just remember you get what you pay for when you ask for free advise here at times.

For what its worth: I have a MY17 801a, spotlight mirrors...you guessed it Black plastic. I would guess that the painted door handles and skull caps are for the 802a optioned vehicles, regardless of what was described on an ordering blurb.

Last edited:

Paravitium

Reaction score
Any updates? I also have a 801a with the LED light option and my mirrors are the cheapy black ones.

VBuffone

Reaction score
Ford just needs to fix the website to be more clear the 801a will have the black caps upgraded or not. I'm hoping that we can just order the painted cap and put them on but not sure it will be that easy.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford just needs to fix the website to be more clear the 801a will have the black caps upgraded or not. I'm hoping that we can just order the painted cap and put them on but not sure it will be that easy.

it sure is. they are on ebay for $250 painted whatever color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc