AG 801A screw arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
Mine aren't painted either,801A with the spotlight option.Dealer is calling Ford and seeing what's up,but they don't seem to optimistic it will get resolved.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine aren't painted either,801A with the spotlight option.Dealer is calling Ford and seeing what's up,but they don't seem to optimistic it will get resolved.��

Sounds to me like they could take your skullcaps, paint 'em in the body shop, and charge the materials/labor back to Ford.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fact that i have yet to see a single 801a truck with the spotlights have painted caps the more i feel ford made a mistake and didn't intend on them coming painted.
you can buy painted caps on ebay, they come done. think they are like $250 or something like that.

OP
OP
roscopeeco78

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership called me and Ford wanted pictures sent in of the mirrors. If you get the 801A package and upgrade the side mirrors to include LED lights, blind spot detection, camera, ect., the are supposed to come with painted skull caps. It is detailed in the option list. I think the option number is 56a. Anyhow, long story short, I think they told me that all they have to do is take out the mirror to pop off the black (rough textured) skull cap and replace it with the painted one.

It will either be that or a whole new mirror.

As a side note the service manager said that when he pulled up my VIN number it doesn't show that I have the upgraded side mirrors. If you have the 801A package with the upgraded side mirrors, I would make sure you have your dealer document (with pictures) that you have the upgraded mirrors.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership called me and Ford wanted pictures sent in of the mirrors. If you get the 801A package and upgrade the side mirrors to include LED lights, blind spot detection, camera, ect., the are supposed to come with painted skull caps. It is detailed in the option list. I think the option number is 56a. Anyhow, long story short, I think they told me that all they have to do is take out the mirror to pop off the black (rough textured) skull cap and replace it with the painted one.

It will either be that or a whole new mirror.

As a side note the service manager said that when he pulled up my VIN number it doesn't show that I have the upgraded side mirrors. If you have the 801A package with the upgraded side mirrors, I would make sure you have your dealer document (with pictures) that you have the upgraded mirrors.

so if you get any of those 3 options you should have it correct?

so they approved the "misbuilt" claim and should change them out then?