GEN 2 Aftermarket bumper impact on MPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Is this thread for reals? Just curious
It cannot be. Who cares about MPG, I surely do not and I also have a GEN1 that averages 10 mpg for the last 6 years. If someone truly cares about MPG, a bumper isn’t going to do shit compared to you slowing down to 60 and be bored AF but super happy that your MPG went up.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It cannot be. Who cares about MPG, I surely do not and I also have a GEN1 that averages 10 mpg for the last 6 years. If someone truly cares about MPG, a bumper isn’t going to do shit compared to you slowing down to 60 and be bored AF but super happy that your MPG went up.

It’s your wallet. 10mpg at 20K per year would be $6K in fuel. At 16 mpg that cost is reduced to $3750. I’d rather have more cash for mods or other things than spend it on fuel where possible. I’m not going to slow down to 60 to save on fuel, I’m going to drive at my normal speeds and it is what it is. I know the estimated mpg and what it will cost to drive a Raptor over a commuter car, and I’m at peace with that.

D

Deleted member 12951

It’s your wallet. 10mpg at 20K per year would be $6K in fuel. At 16 mpg that cost is reduced to $3750. I’d rather have more cash for mods or other things than spend it on fuel where possible. I’m not going to slow down to 60 to save on fuel, I’m going to drive at my normal speeds and it is what it is. I know the estimated mpg and what it will cost to drive a Raptor over a commuter car, and I’m at peace with that.
Haven’t done the math but I don’t drive 20k a year, about 5k less. Gas is a business write-off for me. And gas where I am is $2 so even at 20k, that would be $4k. So I spend $3k. If I got 16mpg, I would save about $1100. I usually drive 5 days a week. That comes out to about $4.50 day I am spending more. To have fun driving and putting my foot in it every single day for $5 is worth the smiles.

And I still mod the shit out of my raptors, saving gas isn’t a factor.

I wouldn’t worry what a bumper does, take your foot off the skinny pedal if you need to budget for mods.