AC System Acting Up - 2012 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrwizard93

Reaction score
My AC is acting up and it seems like the problem is tied to the control system.

Basically, the AC seems to be working fine intermittently but out of nowhere, the system will switch from blowing cold air out of the vents to blowing air out of god knows where. I try to cycle through the different setting (panel, defrost vents, floors) it has issues cycling through the different levels and then stops cooling.

Weirdest thing is that a couple of times, the temp setting for the AC will raise from 60-deg to 65 but only on the passenger side. I know that no one changed it because #1 it's hot as Hades and there's no chance that anyone changed the temp and #2 I am the only one in the car when this has happened about 3 times in the last week.

A couple of weird things that have also started happening are that the screen goes real dark when reversing and the rear camera is on, the image is also becomes mirrored at times, or it just doesn't connect.

Sometimes I can fix the issue, somewhat, by turning up the heat and blower to max and switching through the vents. It's interesting in that even with the heat up, sometimes it will stay blowing cool air out of the vents.

I am not sure if this is all tied together on the electronic controls side. Has anyone else had any of these issues or have a fix for this?

I did see a thread related to the Evaporator Temp Sensor but would that sensor going bad be the reason why the temp on the screen for the passenger side went to 65-deg or that the vents switch from the panel, to the floor, or stuck somewhere else or any of the other weird stuff?

Really weird overall.

Thank you all in advance for the insight and help!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter