2018 Raptor - Outside Air Temperature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 Raptor

A few days ago, I turned on my truck and had no A/C blowing through the vents. Just warm air. Then a day later, I had cold A/C working fine. However the outside temperature was in the 80's - 90's, yet the Sync display switched between showing 37 degrees and "--" degrees.

Truck is at the shop but when I get it back I'm going to try pressing the A/C and Recirculate buttons at the same time to reset the sensor? Not sure if that will reset the temperature sensor or not.

I've tried to do a bit of research but it appears people might be confusing the outside temperature sensor vs the "ambient sensor."

I still can't find out where the outdoor sensor is located. Bumper? Can anyone provide me with the location of the outside temperature sensor and if possible a part number for a replacement sensor if I need one.

OP
OP
Seven

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that might be the "TOW" mirrors and I have the regular F150 mirrors.

Found a few more sources which say passenger mirror. Thanks, I'll check my mirror when I get my truck back.

Also, found the part number if mine is in the mirror. HC3Z-12A647-A

Last edited: