37" load range issue with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColaCan

Reaction score
Hey ya'll I've been having trouble finding good info on running 37's with 18" wheels. Seems like the majority here have 17" wheels. My issue is all the 37" tires that I'm seeing for 18" wheels are load range E except for one that's load range D and that's the Nitto ridge grappler in 37x13.5r18. I'm looking for either an A/T or R/T tire. And I live in the northeast so something that's decent in snow is a plus. The tires I'm looking at are..

Nitto ridge or recon grappler
Toyo open country R/T trail or A/T 3
BFG K02
Falken wildpeak R/T or A/T3

So my question is do you guys recommend going with the only D load option which is the ridge grappler or bumping up to an E load tire so I have more options. My only concern with the E load is obviously the ride quality. Unless anybody else knows any other good options for 37"r18 D load tires?
Thanks!

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I had 18" wheels on my Gen 2 with 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers in load range E. I now have a Gen 3 with 17" wheels and 37 Toyo MT's in Load Range D. I can say that the load range D is a much better ride, unless you really need the E range I would recommend staying load range D, it will be a better ride and especially since you will be losing a little sidewall with the 18 vs 17. You definitely have less options for load range going 18.