New Tire Time, What's Good These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around 47k miles on my 2020 OEM KO2s. Noticing a lot of traction issues in wet weather, even when not starting from a complete stop I'm spinning the tires with acceleration. Looking at these options (in order).
1. Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T or M/T (thoughts?)
2. Stick with OEM KO2 (C-S)
3. BFG KM3
4. Goodyear Wrangler MT/R

Is there other options I should consider? I've ruled out Nitto, and probably the Falken Wildpeak (not sure how well Chinese tires hold up).

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had this debate with myself and had decided on toyo's until I found out that SOME KO2's are on a heavy discount from SOME distributors.
Specifically, the part # that comes OEM on the Jeep's

Here is a picture (understand I run a service/tire shop)

20231026_103956.jpg

The top part number is the OEM for jeeps, the middle one is the generic KO2 (that is load range E). And the bottom # is the OEM for the Raptor.

Everything is the same except the Raptor tire is speed rated for 118 vs 112 for the Jeep. Gen2 raptors are speed limited to 107mph.

Hard to spend an extra 600 (toyos the same as OEM KO2s).

Just passing along the info.

Last edited:

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as the, "everything stock is dangerous or sucks", internet warriors hate the KO2s, I'm going to stick with them. Ive not noticed driving on ice dynamics in the rain, the only thing that is disappointing about them is they get loud after 20+K miles. This is pretty much true off all off road tires to some extent, and if it isn't there will be a compromise elsewhere.