2018 Raptor photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of these pictures show a stamped non appliqué tailgate. From my understanding that won't be the case....

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of these pictures show a stamped non appliqué tailgate. From my understanding that won't be the case....

As I had hypothesized from the beginning, I doubt Ford is using 3 tailgates. Cost would dictate two. One stamped for no Applique and on with no stamp for Applique. Cost too much to make a non stamped/ non applique tailgate just for the Raptor.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't like either style of taillight. Was looking closely at a '17 Raptor with BLIS in traffic the other day and the lights are so damn big, and blocky, and sticking out all over the place. Seems like something a kid would design in Minecraft. When lit up, the brake is just a big red rectangle. No amber turn signal either, just more red. It's really *meh* all the way around. For the price they ask for those things, they could have at least made them look nice and fit the truck properly. Hey Ford- just because you threw some LEDs in there doesn't make the rest of it look good!

I do like the F150 stamped in the gate, even if it looks like a Toyota. Reminds me of the 70s-80s trucks with FORD stamped in the gate.

Last edited:

madrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I had hypothesized from the beginning, I doubt Ford is using 3 tailgates. Cost would dictate two. One stamped for no Applique and on with no stamp for Applique. Cost too much to make a non stamped/ non applique tailgate just for the Raptor.

Will be interesting to see what they do. Another member who toured the plant saw a 2018 without the appliqué and it did not have the f-150 stamped in.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like either style of taillight. Was looking closely at a '17 Raptor with BLIS in traffic the other day and the lights are so damn big, and blocky, and sticking out all over the place. Seems like something a kid would design in Minecraft. When lit up, the brake is just a big red rectangle. No amber turn signal either, just more red. It's really *meh* all the way around. For the price they ask for those things, they could have at least made them look nice and fit the truck properly. Hey Ford- just because you threw some LEDs in there doesn't make the rest of it look good!

I do like the F150 stamped in the gate, even if it looks like a Toyota. Reminds me of the 70s-80s trucks with FORD stamped in the gate.

I will disagree with everything you said, the 2017 tail lights look great (blis) the fact the protrude make them look
Mean. The stamp on the 2018 looks like shyte and nothing like the old Ford stamp. The tailgate photgraphed actually makes the tail lights on the 2018 look like crap

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will disagree with everything you said, the 2017 tail lights look great (blis) the fact the protrude make them look
Mean. The stamp on the 2018 looks like shyte and nothing like the old Ford stamp. The tailgate photgraphed actually makes the tail lights on the 2018 look like crap

Your tail lights do not look mean. Or Mean.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't like either style of taillight. Was looking closely at a '17 Raptor with BLIS in traffic the other day and the lights are so damn big, and blocky, and sticking out all over the place. Seems like something a kid would design in Minecraft. When lit up, the brake is just a big red rectangle. No amber turn signal either, just more red.

The non-BLIS tail lights have amber turn signals. The white rectangle turns amber when the turn signal is on.