2017 raptor shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KEPSTANG

Reaction score
When you say that you feel it in the seat, do you also feel any vibration in the steering wheel? It has been my experience that if I feel vibration in the steering wheel, it is more likely that the imbalance is on the front axle or it is alignment.

Feeling a vibration in the seat would suggest an imbalance on the rear or vibration being generated elsewhere such as the drive train and transmitting this through the cab.

Do you notice the vibration at a specific speed? Do you notice a very light vibration at say 30 mph and then it goes away above that then it reappears again at 70 for example then goes away at 80? Something like this would probably point to balance or a tire that is out of round and the frequency is felt at certain tire RPMs.

If the vibration becomes noticeable at a certain speed and continues to get worse as the speed is increased would start to consider drive train vibration.

I hope you are not taking it to an independent tire dealer and spending money when your Ford dealer should be taking care of you.