Raptor R front end shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VARAPTOR82

Reaction score
My new 23 Raptor R has a front end shake starting at 70 MPH. Feels like a wheel that is unbalanced. Gets worse the more you increase speed. Anyone else experienced this? What's the problem and fix?

Update - I had all of the tires check, balancing was not the issue. As much as I hate to do it, I guess I need to take it to Ford and let them tell me they just don’t know what the problem is. Grrrrr.

Last edited:

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it’s about the same. KO2’s were just as hard to balance in 2017 :)

That’s where I’d start.

I would take a set of BFGs or Nittos over most other tires. I had a pair of mickey Thompsons on my previous jeep and that sumB took 18oz of wheel weight to balance one of them. They still pulled me off the road they were so bad. I got rid of those for Nittos and all my issues went away.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I would take a set of BFGs or Nittos over most other tires. I had a pair of mickey Thompsons on my previous jeep and that sumB took 18oz of wheel weight to balance one of them. They still pulled me off the road they were so bad. I got rid of those for Nittos and all my issues went away.

I had zero issues with Mickeys in 37. Zero issues with these Wildpeak 37s either.