2017 Ford Raptor with Ken Block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're way overselling this. They made a bunch of small improvements that add up, on paper, to a "better" truck (no doubt this strategy was brought to you by the marketing department who knew how hard it would be to hype a V6). But, in reality, very few of these improvements make any real world difference. And some came along with significant drawbacks. Still others get thrown out the window as soon as the mods come, which for most enthusiasts is inevitable.

Now, a 7.0 liter DOHC V8. That's a big deal. And that's a review that I could listen to. You know, because it doesn't sound like nails on a chalk board like the current V6, which, let's face it, belongs in a Taurus SHO.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

And you're qualified to make this statement how exactly? How would your 22" tooner wheelz do out there in the sand?

Hey, I found your next "mod"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK68WV_i2hI

doesn't think the gen 2 is much of an improvement but yet would buy one if it had a v8. :ROFLJest:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Hey, I found your next "mod"..."

Baahahahaha! I gotta admit that was pretty funny... [emoji3]

Fwiw I once raced Baja type challenge cars through Baja in Southern California and Mexico. I've done all kinds of racing from road to off-road. Purely for fun, nothing professional... But it was a ton of fun!

I know it is probably hard for you to watch the video from Motor trend, but you should. The trucks just aren't the same ...The only thing they share is the name ...Everything else is God mode in comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whatever dude, I don't care what your pathetic troll ass thinks...

However I'm pretty sure the general consensus here, among a vast array of owners from both gens, is... :flipthebird: and your boyfriend @RAPTERRIER too...

Even people like me, that also aren't thrilled with the Gen2s engine choice, are annoyed they can't even read half the threads without sifting through a giant pile of you two's ********!

:sleepy:

doesn't think the gen 2 is much of an improvement but yet would buy one if it had a v8. :ROFLJest:

Are you new here? Can you read?

:lol2:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We forget so easily how powerful and amazing these V6 forced inductions motors can be, and what vehicles are on the who's who of top performers - 10 of the Most Powerful V6 Engines | Autobytel.com

This debate is meaningless for me and what I purchased this Raptor for, and I believe you could say I represent a majority of Gen2 buyers out there. I bought it cause I love the looks, the capability, the drivability, the performance, and believe it or not - the MPG's. And for me, it seems crazy to choose the King Ranch, Platinum, or Limited over the Raptor - just crazy. This was the Raptor for me, while the Gen1 couldn't even make the cut mainly due to gas mileage - and even worse when factoring towing my boat. This is the bad ass truck that I can daily drive and not think twice about it.

Only one of those V6 cars is noteworthy. And it's only memorable because of the fraud it committed at the Nurburgring (you know, to add marketing hype to a POS that wasn't selling). cough. GTR. cough. fake news.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you could say
I represent a majority of the gen 2 buyers

This was the Raptor for me, while the Gen1 couldn't even make the cut mainly due to gas mileage - and even worse when factoring towing my boat. This is the bad ass truck that I can daily drive and not think twice about it.

Really that's all it took was 3 more mpg with premium fuel and the same towing ability for you to "make the jump" ?

Congrats!!! How much is premium fuel by you?

I daily drive mine and get 13 mpg combined use regular fuel and tow my boat just fine. Not a single problem. My biggest complaint is my damn method wheels that they made with zinc bolts...shit that's methods fault not Ford....Guess I'm good then and I actually like both trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: