2017 Ford Raptor with Ken Block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let's not get crazy. They made some improvements, yes. But the truck won't really shine until it gets the 7.0.
Some no, tons yes. Come on man, the same old truck has been out for 7 years. They are light years ahead with the new Raptor. It's leaps and bounds better. This review says it all... :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If this were a Gen1 it would be in pieces. The frame would definitely bend. 7bc43e51f71055429c3f8af498de0715.jpg

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If this were a Gen1 it would be in pieces. The frame would definitely bend. 7bc43e51f71055429c3f8af498de0715.jpg

pretty sure the frames were bent on Gen1s from hitting kicker whoops at 60+mph.. someone should test a 2017 and see what the result is.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pretty sure the frames were bent on Gen1s from hitting kicker whoops at 60+mph.. someone should test a 2017 and see what the result is.
Looks like this video is full of high speed whoops.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a shame to call a gen1 an Old Dog. I absolutely loved my 2011 screw. Took a lot for me to step into the gen2. The gen1 was hands down The Best Truck I've Ever Owned!! That being said, this gen2 is better in every way than my gen1. I cannot, however, declare it The Best because my gen1 was tried and true. Over 100K miles and zero issues with it, Ever. While my gen2 has not given me any issues, at 2500 miles, it has a long way to go to earn that title. Time will tell.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like this video is full of high speed whoops.

I dont think you understand how the frames were getting bent... the 2017 has the same style factory bump stops, so i bet it'd be a similar situation when you hit a large bump or whoop, when the suspension is already compressed against the bump stops, and if Ford didnt learn anything from the bent frame issues, well....shame on them.

why do you suppose the first recommended upgrades is an aftermarket bump kit?

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sick shots in that video, you got to give it to Motortrend for producing pretty good free content (if you wait long enough)...

I was most impressed with the whoop sections, the truck looks rock solid and stayed in control at pretty good speed. Even with full leafs, infinite coils and Kings my 2500 would have been skipping around a hell of a lot more. Next time someone complains about why the truck squats when you put a trailer on the bumper, just post this video.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some no, tons yes. Come on man, the same old truck has been out for 7 years. They are light years ahead with the new Raptor. It's leaps and bounds better. This review says it all... :)

You're way overselling this. They made a bunch of small improvements that add up, on paper, to a "better" truck (no doubt this strategy was brought to you by the marketing department who knew how hard it would be to hype a V6). But, in reality, very few of these improvements make any real world difference. And some came along with significant drawbacks. Still others get thrown out the window as soon as the mods come, which for most enthusiasts is inevitable.

Now, a 7.0 liter DOHC V8. That's a big deal. And that's a review that I could listen to. You know, because it doesn't sound like nails on a chalk board like the current V6, which, let's face it, belongs in a Taurus SHO.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

And you're qualified to make this statement how exactly? How would your 22" tooner wheelz do out there in the sand?

Hey, I found your next "mod"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK68WV_i2hI

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure wish this forum would get back to what we all came here for, a place we can show off our rides, discuss mods and get together with fellow raptor guys for some good off roading with some great people. This 'My new truck is better than your old truck, no its not' crap has run its course. Sounds more like 'my Chevy' is better than your Ford BS! If thats all we've got here anymore, it will (has) get boring fast

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We forget so easily how powerful and amazing these V6 forced inductions motors can be, and what vehicles are on the who's who of top performers - 10 of the Most Powerful V6 Engines | Autobytel.com

This debate is meaningless for me and what I purchased this Raptor for, and I believe you could say I represent a majority of Gen2 buyers out there. I bought it cause I love the looks, the capability, the drivability, the performance, and believe it or not - the MPG's. And for me, it seems crazy to choose the King Ranch, Platinum, or Limited over the Raptor - just crazy. This was the Raptor for me, while the Gen1 couldn't even make the cut mainly due to gas mileage - and even worse when factoring towing my boat. This is the bad ass truck that I can daily drive and not think twice about it.