2013 TRR poll who's going

can you make 2013 TRR

• Yes 100%

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • I wish but will have to wait another year.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Awwww....make it the unveiling on the rebuild of black beauty!!!!!

By April of 2013 there could be 3 or 4 unveilings of the rebuild of black beauty
Sprsnk is liking the western desert

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Really? we used to tow our offroad trucks 3 at a time on them. Hmm probably could have gotten in trouble. I mean its not for profit though... What about guys who haul there race cars around?

it would be the weight. Yes "Not for Hire" but check the states your are running through. One guy I talked to said one state got him for over length, another state he says he starts a log book just in case. Sprsnk had one like that and sold it because he kept getting harrassed in Tx

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awwww....make it the unveiling on the rebuild of black beauty!!!!!

Rebuild? What rebuild? Who needs a rebuild? Some sheet metal, fiberglass, some frame work in the front end and paint is all it needs! Truck runs great!

And after November, I do not have a reason to be going back to Texas unless it is for a race or Terlingua. My house in Austin is under contract and will be sold Nov 14 :)

FYI: Anything with a combined GVW (Truck, trailer and load) of 26.1k pounds is required by law to have a CDL. West Texas DPS pulls me over every time I am out there. Been fighting with those ******* for 5 years now. They haven't managed to give me a ticket yet that I haven't gotten out of. They'll have fun this year with my total weight around 30k this year :)

Last edited:

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
[quote

Just an FYI - You have to have a commercial license and "not for hire" on your truck - OR hire a commercial driver and truck to pull one of those trailers.[/QUOTE]

Just today I talked with a car hauler guy and 26,00 pounds you have to have CDL (which I have) and run "Not for Hire"

The time is now to start thinking about those kinds of logisitcs, get quotes, talk to Trey or the ranch about accepting trucks a few days early and arranging pickup dates after the event.

For a "Hot Shot" car hauler this would be a great option as he could drop a few other cars off at further destinations, then swing back by on the return trip "Knowing he has some kind of load to pick up"

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

if only some one from Nebraska had a 5 mile track to run centralized.

Wilson what do you do with those fields after harvest ?
got a tractor with a front loader or settin your tillin tines could make some whoop de doo's

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Rebuild? What rebuild? Who needs a rebuild?

FYI: Anything with a combined GVW (Truck, trailer and load) of 26.1k pounds is required by law to have a CDL. West Texas DPS pulls me over every time I am out there. Been fighting with those ******* for 5 years now. They haven't managed to give me a ticket yet that I haven't gotten out of. They'll have fun this year with my total weight around 30k this year :)

Uhhhh .....so that means I'm driving through Texas ?
I don't think you will get hasseled as much with the new setup
Well if I get what I want to get it will be a Real game changer

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping to make the 2500 mile round trip to the Motherland from Ohio to meet some of the other lunatics from FRF but the daughter's impending nuptials may change my plans. :emotions122:

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
I cannot speak for Jarrett or RPG, but I think LiL J has a "rematch" with a certain "Pole" in Texas. Corey would not spend 40K to prove to Mark T (the guy argueing about tie rod threads) LiL J could not use Raptor Addicts frame straightening machine to prove the massive strength of the newly designed tie rods, so being the creative young lad that he is he took matters into his own hands.
Having a Raptor equipped with RPG tie rods he spotted his mark. 30, 40, 50, he aims with the precision of a fighter pilot ready to take out an enemy target. Then wham ! After the initial dazed disorientment wears off he quickly goes to the right front, in pure amazement he has successfully performed the "proven test" of the RPG tie rod strength. It was very hard for LiL J to hold back his joy of proving he was right, as tears of joy roll down his cheek Rescue attendants comfort him thinking he is so sad and distrought that his beloved Raptor has been damaged.
Our friend Jarret is a very determined man, never backing down from a challenge, willing to brave the impossible all in the name of providing the utmost product testing of any Raptor aftermarket company.
Yes it was costly but our friend has been brewing up another challenge, ahhh the "MOOSE KILLER BUMPER" in an attempt to keep his revenge mission a secret he has cleverly convinced Master Designer Engineer Extrodinaire Corey to build what he thinks is a product for our friends in Deer and Moose country.
Corey fires up his engineering computer almost causing a blackout in orange county, Ca. Caculations and flow charts fill the small RPG design center, slide rules and calipers being tossed around, the printer is shooting out templates and lazer cut blueprints like like a M-16 on full auto. Finally Corey has finished his task of protecting our Raptor hoods, headlights, and fenders, now off to put this monster into reality.

Yes TRR will have many adrenailine pumped men behind the wheel of their 411 HP earth moving machines ready to take on what Texana Ranch can throw at them. But there is one young man with a mission, a mission of settling a score. I see it in his posts about Bump stop kits, a passion to produce the best Raptor product for the best consumers on this planet.
He methodically compiles his thoughts and very professionally delivers a "Knock out Punch" to Blue STI (Matt) for even daring to deminish the Masters bump stop kit. Yes Raptor owners young and old will see the 100% commitment of LiL J's commitment to excellence come April 2013.

Last edited: