1st or 2nd generation Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No thank you...

amusing actually that article seems a lil biased even - starts off saying the gen 1s V8 “isn’t drastically different from output compared to gen 2” babahaha!? What? 10% more HP & 15% more TQ while weighing 500+ lbs less & pairing that power plant to a significantly superior 10 speed tranny while also returning a 20% improvement in fuel economy?

Yeah nothing drastic, shit I bet a gen 1 owner could bridge that gap themselves- all they need is a garage, set of tools, 6er of Bud & that V8 rumble in the background amiright?

this is LOL funny seriously....I guess there’s not a helluva lot going on these days so gotta keep busy somehow

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
amusing actually that article seems a lil biased even - starts off saying the gen 1s V8 “isn’t drastically different from output compared to gen 2” babahaha!? What? 10% more HP & 15% more TQ while weighing 500+ lbs less & pairing that power plant to a significantly superior 10 speed tranny while also returning a 20% improvement in fuel economy?

Yeah nothing drastic, shit I bet a gen 1 owner could bridge that gap themselves- all they need is a garage, set of tools, 6er of Bud & that V8 rumble in the background amiright?

this is LOL funny seriously....I guess there’s not a helluva lot going on these days so gotta keep busy somehow

Look at who copy/pasted the article together. Do you really think she even knew what a Raptor was before?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know Gen 2, get over yourselfs. The Gen 1 is far superior!

This site has a sub-forum where you won't have to deal with hardly any Gen 2 owners. Some people need help finding it. LMK if you need a link, would like to help the technically challenged.

OP
OP
BaseRaptor

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, let’s pretend for a minute. Let’s say that you are in the market for a brand new 2020 Raptor and Ford offers two versions of the truck;

-The “classic” version with the 6.2l V8 and older body style
-The current version with the 3.5 V6 EB and current body style

Both have roughly the same MSRP. Which model do you take home?

39DAAC06-8CDD-4EDC-9A76-71B9358FE513.jpeg 68068063-F978-4A5A-BCEA-665DC5A6AA45.jpeg

Last edited:

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evolution is bad I guess?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Evolution is bad I guess?

Never said that, I actually like the gen 2, it is a great truck. I also think my gen 1 is a great truck.

It just “seems” that people are offended that someone likes another version.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, let’s pretend for a minute. Let’s say that you are in the market for a 2020 Raptor and Ford offers two versions of the truck;

View attachment 141420 View attachment 141421

That’s a no-brainer. Nicely stated.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, let’s pretend for a minute. Let’s say that you are in the market for a 2020 Raptor and Ford offers two versions of the truck;

View attachment 141420 View attachment 141421

Both with zero miles and brand new? Gen 1 for me. You can keep the Gen 2 issues.