“BEST” LED Light Bars for the new RPG Raceline Bumper I’m ordering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
usual suspect..... ha!.......

ok here is what i know...... and this is serious......

while searching for a flashlight, i did a bunch of research on led lights. through about 5 hours of info gathering i cam up with this. i think cree xml is the brightest led made right now. but its not so much the output of the led as it is the reflecting hosing that it is in. i would check for the "delivered light" rather than lumen output.

RAPTILE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running a 40" Rigid Industries bar on my front tube bumper with a pair of Rigid Dually DS2's (one on each side of the 40") angled out about 15 degrees to give me more side coverage. Out in the open desert at night, it's like turning the sun back on!

In front I'm also running a 6" Rigid and 2 more DS2's in amber for the fog, and a pair of white DS2's in the rear bumper for backing up and pissing off tailgaters!

RIGID Rocks!

OP
OP
Donk74

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Busa

You hit the nail on the head with your "delivered light" comment. I think the reflectors and optics have as much if not more to do with the perceived performance of a lighting system than the light source itself. I suspect it becomes even more important the higher the LED count gets.

Not sure if this is technically correct but I've done some experimenting with flashlights. Laying two beams on top of one another does not appear to double the brightness. Following that logic I start to suspect that not every LED in an double row close pack style light bar contributes all it's lumen to the bar's delivered light.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any good data to compare delivered light output for any of the bars I'm looking at. Was hoping some of the FRF members might have made some apple to apple comparisons (with photos :) of a few of the different lighting systems.

Thanks for all the input so far guys!!!

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Busa

You hit the nail on the head with your "delivered light" comment. I think the reflectors and optics have as much if not more to do with the perceived performance of a lighting system than the light source itself. I suspect it becomes even more important the higher the LED count gets.

Not sure if this is technically correct but I've done some experimenting with flashlights. Laying two beams on top of one another does not appear to double the brightness. Following that logic I start to suspect that not every LED in an double row close pack style light bar contributes all it's lumen to the bar's delivered light.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any good data to compare delivered light output for any of the bars I'm looking at. Was hoping some of the FRF members might have made some apple to apple comparisons (with photos :) of a few of the different lighting systems.

We are pretty local Donk, so let me know if you want to hook up and take a closer looks at my Rigids. I have both a 40" bar and 20" bar on my rig.

Or shoot me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers and I can share my experiences first hand. I wouldn't mind getting your advice on the mid perch adjustment anyway! : )

OP
OP
Donk74

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are pretty local Donk, so let me know if you want to hook up and take a closer looks at my Rigids. I have both a 40" bar and 20" bar on my rig.

Or shoot me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers and I can share my experiences first hand. I wouldn't mind getting your advice on the mid perch adjustment anyway! : )

PM sent

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why is the M&R so much cheaper then the others?

Knock offs will always be the cheaper alternatives. From what i read, China. Does M&R even have a light bar in comparison with these mentioned? I know M&R offer the same size bars but these bars mentioned aren't the cheapest either and seem like an upgrade from original LED bars in technology ($$).

'12 Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
'08 SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

Last edited:

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Knock offs will always be the cheaper alternatives. From what i read, China. Does M&R even have a light bar in comparison with these mentioned? I know M&R offer the same size bars but these bars mentioned aren't the cheapest either and seem like an upgrade from original LED bars in technology ($$).

'12 Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
'08 SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

M&R does have light bars which compete with what is talked about at a fraction of the price. Plenty of satisfied customers on this forum to back me up on that.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Busa

You and Busa are exactly right!!! A million LEDs are not any good with out a high quality engineered optic to throw the light efficiently and where it is needed.
Many companys use the same optics or optics that aren't specifically designed for there lights.
This is one reason the OnX can have such amazing distance, we specifically engineer our optics for each of our lights.

Also something that makes a big difference is the quality of bulbs companys use, many companys don't even tell you what bulb they use let alone what bin quality.

Thanks
Mike

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score

M&R does have light bars which compete with what is talked about at a fraction of the price. Plenty of satisfied customers on this forum to back me up on that.

Not trying ot stsrt shit so ill ak a diffrent question. This is for all the LED vendors. Why should I pay so much more for your light bar? Im being serious as this is resersch for which 40" i will get.