Orange or 2012 Race Red?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Been working with Randy to get a 2012. Really outstanding guy, can't thank him enough for all his help, explanation, patience and extra efforts.

I saw an actual 2011 Melton Orange, awesome really. Wanted to hear from the ones who saw the Red if Race Red fits the Raptor like the Orange?! I know to everyone their own, but still would like to get some advise on the color. Does it really show as bright red like some of the videos out there?

Is there anyone out there who got a Raptor then wished he got a different color?

Is Black the safest option?

Guess, just a color Poll! :waytogo:

Thanx.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen pics of both and I, honestly, can not tell the difference sometimes. The lighting has a lot to do with it. I've seen both of them in person too but never together. Personally, I wouldn't let color bother me... I'd just pick the newer one.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you cant beat the Orange or Blue in the sun!!! I have Orange and it looks totally awesome!!! Of course I am biased to it cause I like it... lol... I have the Tux Black on my new Fusion and it sure looks great but its 1/3 the vehicle and double the work to keep it looking as good as the Orange Raptor does... The new red looks nice but personally I dont think its as nice as the Orange...

OP
OP
R

Raider2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, yes, i am going for 2012. But as i am buying blind; need to decide on Red, Silver or Black! Too bad Ford stopped Orange!

OP
OP
R

Raider2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you cant beat the Orange or Blue in the sun!!! I have Orange and it looks totally awesome!!! Of course I am biased to it cause I like it... lol... I have the Tux Black on my new Fusion and it sure looks great but its 1/3 the vehicle and double the work to keep it looking as good as the Orange Raptor does... The new red looks nice but personally I dont think its as nice as the Orange...

I 2nd that! Black needs work to keep it looking great! I have seen Orange without the graphics and i think it was perfect! now i wish i did not as the bar is raised a little bit after that. I am thinking maybe graphics on Race Red will make it slightly better and decrease the bright red i keep thinking about!

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To me, the color of greatest risk is black. Gets looking dirty in half an hour on the road, plus Raptors are not the ideal automatic car wash vehicles. But that said, a clean, well polished black is very hard to beat.

I chose Molten Orange, but had they not had MO, I'd have chosen Race Red.

The Molten Orange looks like a red with yellow pearl, which makes its color appear to change depending on the light source and its intensity.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I've seen RR on a mustang and it has the same color change properties that the MO has.

The orange is pretty cool because depending on the lighting I've seen it look almost red, to bright orange and all sorts of combinations of the two.

On thing about the Red and Orange is that they are "look at me" colors. Don't buy them if you don't want even more attention than a normal Raptor will get you. Although that shouldn't be a problem if you want a Raptor anyhow.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the pleasure, on the mojave raptor run, of seeing the race red and the molten orange side by side. It is a personal choice for the owner. The molten orange is a tri color paint and changes hues in different light. The race red is not. The race red is sharp!!! My advice....buy white like me, it runs faster and jumps higher than all other colors.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the pleasure, on the mojave raptor run, of seeing the race red and the molten orange side by side. It is a personal choice for the owner. The molten orange is a tri color paint and changes hues in different light. The race red is not. The race red is sharp!!! My advice....buy white like me, it runs faster and jumps higher than all other colors.

Unfortunately tuxedo black has that title..