Door Sill Protectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i'm really baffled as to why Ford and/or SVT would leave these off the 2012's. As far as I'm concerned this is just as much a necessity if not more of one than the "heavy duty" floor mats. They design these trucks to run in loose sand/mud etc and those types of situations are when you really risk scratching your door sills when you exit and enter the vehicle. dirty shoes a like sandpaper on door sills. missing clearcoat/paint leads to the potential for rust in an area that gets wet every time it rains out.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matches the texture on your stock steps

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 133

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Saints fan - I gave the guy the parts numbers from page 0ne and he just looked them up for the rear. I am picking them up tomorrow / Friday and can give them to you then. Once of gave him the front 2 from the pix on page 1 - he went right to them on the computer. Come in about 5 different colors. The numbers in the pix are for black only. Let me know if you need the exact ones and when I pick em up I can tell you exactly - I think he said they were 31 busks a peice and were self adhesive. He wasnt sure why Ford had decided not to carry them stock on 2012s! RTR

Please post the PNs for the rears when you get them. I was told the rears do not exist, so I want to be armed with the PNs when I call the dealer again. Thanks.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i'm really baffled as to why Ford and/or SVT would leave these off the 2012's. As far as I'm concerned this is just as much a necessity if not more of one than the "heavy duty" floor mats. They design these trucks to run in loose sand/mud etc and those types of situations are when you really risk scratching your door sills when you exit and enter the vehicle. dirty shoes a like sandpaper on door sills. missing clearcoat/paint leads to the potential for rust in an area that gets wet every time it rains out.

Yup, Ford sucks... I'm leaving. See ya guys.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matches the texture on your stock steps

Dyno,
That solution looks perfect. I was wondering where you bought the 3m Safety Walk tape and what size you used? I found black 4" tape on Amazon.com, but it I only see it in 60' rolls and sells for $75 - $100.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dyno,
That solution looks perfect. I was wondering where you bought the 3m Safety Walk tape and what size you used? I found black 4" tape on Amazon.com, but it I only see it in 60' rolls and sells for $75 - $100.

Yes, it is 4" & works very well. I bought that roll @ the Camping World store a couple of years ago. I have used it for motorcycle ramp, RV steps & even on the pads on my motorcycle jacks.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Here is a less expensive alternative

Roll, Non Slip, Coarse Grit - Traffic Safety, Marking & Antiskid Tape - Traffic Safety - 12E850 : Grainger Industrial Supply