Door sill protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TremorRaptor

Reaction score
What are y'all using for protecting the painted bit of door sill? I spied a pre-cut ppf kit from Red Hound on Amazon but can't get a good read on the quality of their film.

On my Gen 1, there was a Ford stick-on part that fit well because the sill was wider and flatter, but I don't think it would comply to the tighter bends on the Gen 3 sill.

Thanks,
Mark

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use TufSkinz from Etsy. Had them on my Gen2 as well.
Same here on my Gen3. Just follow their installation instructions carefully. Only expose a small amount of the adhesive on the back as you do the install and go slowly from the top down so you can get them to follow the curves of the sill. Worked great Doing it that way. My only concern is what will happen to the paint under them if I need/decide to remove them but that isn’t in the plans right now.

IMG_8861.jpeg

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are y'all using for protecting the painted bit of door sill? I spied a pre-cut ppf kit from Red Hound on Amazon but can't get a good read on the quality of their film.

On my Gen 1, there was a Ford stick-on part that fit well because the sill was wider and flatter, but I don't think it would comply to the tighter bends on the Gen 3 sill.

Thanks,
Mark
Check out BushwackerIMG_1527.jpegIMG_1528.jpeg

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the purpose of these just to prevent shoe marks? Seems like something that could easily buffed out, am I wrong?