Grille lights question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryankelly54

Reaction score
I was thinking about switching out my orange grille lights with red ones like the Hennessy velociraptor. Anyone know where I can buy the lights and how easy is the installation?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I was thinking about switching out my orange grille lights with red ones like the Hennessy velociraptor. Anyone know where I can buy the lights and how easy is the installation?

I'll point out the obvious here. replacing those LEDs with red is very likely to be illegal. So you'd want to factor in adding a separate switch to turn them on most likely.

@Hockster posted this back in 2012 and it's pretty relevant

Hockster said:
Um, I think its illegal to change the colors...
Front Identification Lamps (ID) (P2 or P3) Indicate presence of a wide vehicle Exactly 3 Yellow on the front - center - horizontally spaced 150 mm (6 in.) to 300 mm (12 in.) apart As high as practicable or on top of cab

Trucks, Buses, MPVs: Federal Lighting Equipment Location Requirements | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

Items 2 and 3 on that link will be the relevant ones to your question.

Post #2 on this thread: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/change-grill-lights-white-leds-11372/

One last edit: I pulled this info in a couple of minutes by using google with the phrase "swapping out grille lights on Raptor" often times it's a lot easier to search this site that way.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Do people not realize the Raptor marker lights aren't just there for funsies?

I honestly don't think they do. As far as I know Ford never really emphasized that in addition to looking really damn cool, they are essential for DOT compliance due to the width.

FMYMGI3.jpg