2nd battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did one massive primary battery used a odyssey pc 2250 in the stock location. the battery box is all stainless steel and it all just barely fits in the stock location

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
you can put one under the rear seat

I'm sorry, did you seriously suggest putting a battery inside the cab of a truck? One that may go off road!!!!!!

I've read some horrible ideas before(never from you) but this has to be one of the worst of them all, NEVER put a 50lbs projectile in the cab regardless how well it's mounted

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, did you seriously suggest putting a battery inside the cab of a truck? One that may go off road!!!!!!

I've read some horrible ideas before(never from you) but this has to be one of the worst of them all, NEVER put a 50lbs projectile in the cab regardless how well it's mounted
nothing wrong with putting one under there. i never said just set it there. it definitely needs to be secured. i didnt think i would need to explain that it has to be mounted down.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

nothing wrong with putting one under there. i never said just set it there. it definitely needs to be secured. i didnt think i would need to explain that it has to be mounted down.
with the proper mounting, it shouldnt be an issue. look under your hood. what do you see? a plastic tray and it hasnt failed yet.

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should not need a second battery. my guess is you have voltage being drawn by something. I had the same problem. I added a trickle charger and that stopped the dying battery but I did find that I had a short that was pissing voltage away One of my spices was full of water under the truck and going to ground. It takes some time to find them but I'm sure that is what you problem is. I also discoverd at the same time my trailer plug was packed full of mud and diret and corroded the pins, I'm sure that had somethig to do with it as well. Disconnect everything you added and see if it still dies, then add one item at a time until you find the dirty one.

Dirt Bag

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a deep cycle housed in an ARK Pak on the back floor.
It is mounted to a quick disconnect bracket for fast removal and though it is not directly wired to the ignition it is a fully functional self monitoring and charging battery mounted in the cab.
Lots of off road use and lots of ranch work with no issues.
Its a solid set up.

Attachments

• IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 114
Reaction score

The Military HMMWV's and early Hummer H1's have two batteries mounted inside the cab, under the passenger seat. They only moved them on the later H1's to allow for passenger seat adjustment. Just FYI.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Military HMMWV's and early Hummer H1's have two batteries mounted inside the cab, under the passenger seat. They only moved them on the later H1's to allow for passenger seat adjustment. Just FYI.

Yeah, but we can't afford a $87,500.00 taxpayer paid military battery box designed by some team from NASA.....:crazy:

mootang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but we can't afford a $87,500.00 taxpayer paid military battery box designed by some team from NASA.....:crazy:

I can assure you that nothing on a military Humvee is designed by NASA. those things are the biggest lemons. Its a miracle if they aren't broke down!! But they are fun to drive off-road when they aren't broke down ;)