Tune Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you guys do an 87 economy tune along with a 93 performance tune and run them at the same time?

Is an economy tune worth it or should I just get an 87 performance and 93 performance?

Still debating on the intake, I like the airaid setup but dont like the restricter that they have in their intake tube.

Jeff

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You get 3 tunes I have a 91 performance tune 91 eco and a 89 eco I got my intake from.5star today its running great so far

OP
OP
SCelebs

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get 3 tunes I have a 91 performance tune 91 eco and a 89 eco I got my intake from.5star today its running great so far

Do you have to load each individually or will the truck know the difference in octane and adjust accordingly since its able to tell the difference in stock form?

For example, if you get a 93 performance tune and an 87 tune but typically keep 93 octane in the tank. What happends if you put in 87 instead? Do you have to manually change the tune or will it switch?

Jeff

Last edited:

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to switch the tune takes a few minutes I just put my tuner in the console in case I want to change it or have to get gas and they don't have 91

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. If you get time you should call and talk to Mike or Randy at 5star answer all your questions.

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sure thing give us a call anytime. We can talk shop and such..and tell you more about the airaid mod what we like and dont like about it..

OP
OP
SCelebs

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order placed, thanks for answering all of my questions Mike. Can't wait to take the truck for a spin. I'll try to get some video up.

Jefe

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very cool thank you for the opportunity to earn your business!
I sent you an email about your pcm code.
thanks again
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter