Vin number on frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does someone know where i can find the vin number on the frame?
I have to go to a yearly technical inspection. Last year they didn't find the number on the frame and gave me a hard time for it.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try looking here from another forum:

the vin # is on top the frame rail by the splice in the middle of the frame where the front half and rear half of the frame are welded together (about the middle of the cab).

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that i saw your post @jef, this comes handy soon. I know they wouldn't let me go before they find it.

D

Deleted member 12951

That's exactly where it is. It's on the passenger side. Thanks!

8a38d0a057fb6c35fa54a88d34a3935c.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

It's the VIN number.

Son of a bitch....

So what technical inspection is required that needs this?

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In belgium they call it a chassis number, so it has to be on the chassis of the truck.
Technical inspection looks at lights, brakes, tires and suspension. If there is something worn out or not working, you know about it and can get it fixed.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Belgium, huh? Figures. According to Douglas Adams, "belgium" is the filthiest swear word in any language anywhere in the galaxy.