Sandy Springs Ford - Atlanta (what would you do? I'm getting screwed)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting screwed by SS Ford... but, its partially my fault as I don't have it in writing:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-wing-finished-painted-black.html#post3185272

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f4/sandy-springs-ford-atlanta-what-would-you-do-2458/#post37904

Long story short... traded in a 2009 Porsche Carerra in on a 2011 Raptor on 4-16-11 (I needed a Baja-Capable 4WD vehicle to access some recently purchased rural property), they told me I could keep my after-market GT3 wing to sell privately (this would take a little sting out of the Raptor MSRP).... even took my stock OEM Porsche rear decklid to her father's shop on 4-18-11 to have the swap done.

BUT! I didn't get it in writing that I'd get the wing back... my mistake! The trade in was so smooth as was the saleslady... I thought all was cool. Boy was I wrong! She calls today 4-22-11 (while I'm waiting to hear the swap was done) only to tell me that they sold the Porsche but forgot to take the rear wing off....

I already had a buyer for the wing for $1500... I had the wing priced cheap for a quick sale, and it did too! I even have several PM's from others wanting the wing if the first guy backs out.

Its not over yet... I emailed the owner, but because its not in writing, I think I'm pretty much screwed :( I know, its MY fault for not getting it in writing... I feel guilty about this... really? I don't buy cars every day, THEY sell cars every day... THEY should have put it in writing for me... This is THEIR business. My fault... lesson learned.

Sandy Springs Ford... be careful if you deal with them... IF things turn out differently and they make good on my $1500, I'll be the first to post back here with a favorable recommendation... or even delete all my complaining.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this.

So you didn't get it in writing. But who did you talk to and what was the agreement? When would the wing be removed and who was going to do it? Why didn't you remove the wing before you gave them the car?

I hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wing was put on 6 weeks ago by Performance Auto Collision in Alpharetta... I just had it put on! The Porsche sale was unexpected, my wife and I just bought some land adjacent to the Cohutta National Forest 3 weeks ago... I NEED 4WD to get on the property... not just any 4WD, but Raptor quality 4WD (the property roads are very rugged with 3 river crossings and 6-8" rocks).

Last week Friday, my wife and I had a date night down town Atlanta... so the next morning, we were on our way to Gwinnette Place Ford to sign the papers when the day before we were given a recommendation to checkout Sandy Springs First. The manager of Performance Auto Collision said his daughter works at SS and could get me more for my trade in.

So we stopped by SS the very next morning on Saturday.... SHE (the sales person, Jaclyn Allen) told me that she and her manager said I could have my wing back and that her father would remove the wing.... the only question was if I'd have to pay for the removal or not. So I leave with the new Raptor. I take the stock deck lid down to her father's shop the following monday and says he'd do the swap at no charge as a thank you for buying the car from his daughter. SO I'm waiting for the phone call to come get the wing. She called yesterday and apologizes that another sales person sold my Porsche without having the wing removed!

She said they cant get the wing back as it was sold to a wholesaler... doesn't make any diff, once the car is sold, its not that person's fault either... so she tries to offer me a couple hundred bucks out of her own pocket and the rest in dealer services... I bought the truck where I did because of her dad's recommendation.... I'm not going to be a repeat service customer as its too far to drive. She admits we had a verbal agreement, her father ackowledges we did too... but as I said, its not in writing so I'm screwed....

My only chance is the letter/email i wrote to the owner explaining this... I figured what I paid for the truck and what they sold the porsche for... giving me a check for $1500 for my wing (which is what I had it sold for) will not put them upside down in this deal... they'll still come out ahead... so the question is... what kind of reputation will SS have after all of this?