Put it in the shop today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Well all,

It happens from time to time. I had to put the truck in the shop today. I am going to list the things that built up over the past year that needed attention from Ford. Can you guess which one Item it was that made me have to get it fixed?

SUNROOF: Track broke, jambed cockeyed and had to beat it closed.

FRONT DRIVE: In 4 x 4 I get real bad disingagement when turning sharp. CRUNCH!

DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH: Passenger front window sticks, inop from drivers door.

DRIVE LINE POPPING / CHIRP AGAIN. Yepper, I have the drive line slop again.

A/C: The A/C has ALWAYS SUCKED from day one. Now its not working at all.

ENGINE REVS IN DECENT: When in manual shift, costing down hill or using the

engine to brake, as the rpm's drop to around 1500-1800 its like you push in the clutch in a manual car. It just revs to say 3500 rpm and then comes back down. Did this in Colorado last year. When it happens its WHOOO HOOO! Truck takes off!

POWER STEERING LEAK: I did not see this one, Shop found it. FIX IT!

I think thats it this trip? Oh yea, this is good!

I got to the dealer about 3:30 pm. I have extended service, not into it yet but I get a free rent car with it. Service writer asked if I want a car, I say naw, I will ride my bike. Just need a ride home. He tells me to put my name on the van list. I do.

The van is driven by a guy 80 plus years old. He see's I am going the other direction from everyone else, GO FIGGER! HAhahaaa. He goes ape shit! Its gonna be HOURS before I can take you home. You need to call someone to come get you. WTF? HAhahaaa. So I scratched my name off the list and go find my service guy and tell him, GET ME THAT CAR! HAhahaaaa. OLD ASS MAN! HAhahaa. Maybe I can get his job in 10 years? HAhahaa.

BDRAG

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just had my sun roof replaced---there is no fix the track. My window sticks from time to time--guess that will be next..

Love the truck but it is a Ford so these things are to be expected..

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sunroof would be the kicker for me to take it in. I hate a wet seat. I hope they get it back to where it should be.

I must have gotten a good one myself. My last 2 trucks (97 F150 and 01 Super Duty) were pretty solid too though.