GEN 1 Need some advice. :/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pammalamma

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll...I need some advice.

I replaced my stock bumpers with some ADD ones. Now, what tha hell am I supposed to do with the stock bumpers? They were only on my truck for 3 years and they're in near perfect condition. I've tried craigslist several times, talked to some body shops around where I live...nothin. Had one interested buyer that wanted to give me $250 for both. I couldn't do it. I mean, brand new ones are $600. I was asking $800 for both.
Is that just too much? Do you think ANYONE would buy them? Ebay has a shit-ton listed...that have been listed for a long time....

Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 12951

I am listing a bumper and skid plate for $350
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f29/few-items-sale-wheels-bumper-49033/

You are going to need to lower your expectations and get less if you want to get rid of them. I've seen bumpers go for as low as $100 (to free) and skid plate down to $50. I think anywhere in the $250-$400 is average for the front (w/skid) and around $200-$300 for the rear, maybe. But you will and as you noticed need to lower it, no takers at $800 here. Yes, new they are over $2000. Problem is most as you are replacing them with aftermarket and the demand for a stock bumper is not that great.

Good luck
@BOS1600

Last edited by a moderator:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do what you are doing now. Let people know around here you have some. Keep an eye on the threads - there's always someone looking for bumpers. I think there is actually someone looking for a rear bumper right now.

You'll have to get a little more active around here, because you gotta have a minimum of 50 posts to start a sale thread on this forum. But by looking around for potential buyers and interacting with others on the forum, you will be able to get rid of them in no time.

Good luck!!!

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Asking to much list them here (buy a supporting membership) for about 300 bucks each and they will sell.

Retail on a front is north of 900 bucks and if you are selling the rear with the trailer hitch that is over 600 on its own. However that's not the going used rate no matter how pristine they are.

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, someone will buy them ... the guy with $250. I think $800 for both is way steep. Around here craigslist prices would be about half new for brand new in the box. Takeoffs I might hope for $400 but likely would have settled for less. Unless you're planning to put them back on it's more than they're worth to you cluttering your garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sold my complete front setup for $400 and that was only because I had to drive 300 miles to deliver it.

OP
OP
Pammalamma

Pammalamma

Reaction score
Okay

Thanks for all the input guys.

Looks like I already have a few interested people just by posting this! And I actually mentioned it to a friend that knows this guy that does custom raptor grills. He said he might be able to put them in his show room to sell. Or use as credit to get one of those grills.

I guess I should lower my expectations though. I guess any amount I get for them is more than I have now. And they can stop collecting dust in my garage.

Ya'll are awesome. And so are these grills.

Attachments

• IMG_6978.jpg
    IMG_6978.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 108