Need new brakes.... options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 10k ago, I swapped all my brake pads out for EBC Green Stuff... 7000 series for the front and 6000 series for the rear. Well somehow, I've completely killed my front pads in 10,000 miles. I suspect I drive like a complete ******* 24 hours a day with my 405 road rage.

That being said.... need some new brakes and I might as well do rotors and all. One thing I would love in a new brake setup... not as much damn DUST. My front wheels can be beautifully washed and shiny black and within a few days of driving... theyre absolutely filthy. Same thing when I put EBC green stuff pads on my old diesel... cant believe I forgot about that when I ordered them.

What are my options? Just want to get something high quality, thats going to last and not make me use so much wheel cleaner. I'm sure the FRF vendors on here I can get just about anything I choose.

Really wasnt planning on buying brakes this month.... but I guess its kind of an important thing :crazy:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I don't seem to have much dust with my EBC yellows. I've had them on about 25K miles now and they're getting pretty worn. I plan on doing EBC slotted rotors and new yellow pads in the near future.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R1 rotors plus pads is a good combination. Some guys here are happy with this brand.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got 35k out of my factory front brakes, and had them cut/new pads under my free maintenance plan. My rears I've got 42k on and they're about toast. I looked into some aftermarket brakes and the best deal from a vendor I found was around $800 for a full set (~$400 front/400 rear). THen I went on rockauto and found the EXACT same pads the "best deal" vendor sells for like $100, for all of like $35 on rock auto. That was enough for me to close that tab and just buy them on rock auto lol. Rock Auto has OEM ford and various aftermarket. I ended up going OEM ford because it was a few bucks cheaper and I feel I got pretty good life out of the stock ones and never had an issue with how the stock brakes felt or performed, but I've had plenty of aftermarket brakes throughout the years on other vehicles that I was disappointed in. Just got rears for now since they're toast, and I probably have another 10-15k on my fronts, but I was out the door for around $185 shipped for OEM Ford parts from RockAuto....aftermarket would have only been around $250 or so from them......vs around double from another vendor on here that claimed best prices around.

So just something to consider, checkout Rock Auto as an option as well. Heck I see their logo on the right side of FRF, so it appears they're a vendor here too.