New 2023 with 37's - need help with mod choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ConcoMX

Reaction score
Hello,

i just took delivery of a new Raptor with the 37 package. I've been watching tons of videos and reading through the forum but decided to post a coupe questions.

Bit of a background.. I've owned trucks my whole life, but I've always been more of a moto guy. Now, I'm getting older (and keeping the wife happy from the risk standpoint), I'm giving up my 2 wheel dreams and moved to 4 wheels. The truck is better than I expected in terms of daily drive-ability so that may be an option going forward (this plays into the rack and RTT set up I'm trying to figure out). Also, a point to note is that "I bought it to beat it" if that plays into any advice anyone would be so kind to give.

So far I've done the linex bed and rear wheels spray, and right now it's at the shop getting decals stripped and the full truck done in matt-white PPF over the white truck (that stuff isn't cheap).

Yesterday i spent over an hour at the local truck accessory center asking questions I learned here on the forum, and after that visit i think i have more questions than I started with...

anyway, my next big decisions (purchase) is the leveling kit, rack/sleeping plan, Tonneau cover, and truck bed storage/organization options (and all the other accessories i need to get to have as much fun as possible). for now, i need to make a decision on the leveling kit.

the guy at the shop was pushing a 3" kit, but in reading the forum (and my own skepticism of going up 3") that sounds a bit extreme. He's waiting for me to call him to confirm what we settled on, but i wanted to check in here to see if anyone had advise on the direction we settled on before i give him the green light to order the parts and get me scheduled for the install. As of now it will be the RPG OFF-ROAD 21-23 RAPTOR PERCH COLLAR KIT 2.25" in the front, and the RPG OFF-ROAD 21-23 RAPTOR REAR COIL SPRING SPACER KIT 1" in the rear. I've seen posts about the 1.5" in the front as opposed to the 2.25", so i wanted to get opinions on the 2.25" and what to expect if i go with that.

Any help/feedback is appreciated and thank you all for being here!! I'm looking forward to being part of this community.

Thanks

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
The 1.5" with no spacer in the rear, puts it right at level. With the weight you are talking about putting in the rear, I might consider the 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear. You might end up nose high with the 2.25"

Congrats on the new truck and welcome. Post pics when you get it back.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Im sure others will chime in. I personally have the RPG 1.5 on my 37 and clear true 37's no problem. I would assume you can clear true 37's with a 1.5 collar or the 1" from spring only. Quite a few guys go with the Eibach Pro Kit which is 2.2 front and 1 and change rear. What is your goal? enough clearance to put weight on the bed? The 2.25 is probably more than you need but if you do it then you need to address the rear or you will squat especially with a rack or tent on the back. I can't speak to the 2.25 as I don't have it. I am happy with the 1.5 collar but it only nets about 1.1 inch of lift. So that is about the same as the 1" eibach spring in the front only. Here is what My 37 looks like with with just a 1.5 collar on the front, rear is stock and I clear 37" Toyos fine. Good luck working it out and of course post pics avfetr she is done. Im curious why your shop says you needed 3 inches in the front, that much lift starts ******** with your angles and CV joints and adds stress for no reason.

IMG_0049.jpgIMG_0051.jpg

OP
OP
C

ConcoMX

Reaction score
thank you for your early replies. Awesome truck @So-Cal-Al-52. to answer your question "What is your goal? enough clearance to put weight on the bed?". Yes that is the goal. also, to be sure i have additional ground clearance for rocky sections i may encounter. First trip will be to Steele canyon in Death Valley and I've been watching videos of trucks getting hammered on the rocks/boulders there.

I for sure don't want to end up nose high, especially when/if i put a rack/RTT. This may be a dumb question, but how is (option 1) 1.5" front and nothing in the back different than (option 2)2.25" in the front and 1" in the back? From a "not being nose high" standpoint, I'd think option 1 and 2 in the end accomplish the same (with the .25" favorable difference of option 2), and simply provide more overall clearance? i will say, in looking at your truck, it is what I'm looking for and don't want to go too high. So confusing...

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would almost decide on the bed setup before I decided on a leveling option. Different bed setups weigh much different amounts. If you do a tonneau, yakima rack, and a tent that is much different weight than a decked system, diamondback cover, and a leitner rack, and a tent. If you chose the suspension before the setup you may end up with a look or ride that you don't prefer.

Attachments

• IMG_1719.jpeg
    IMG_1719.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 74

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
thank you for your early replies. Awesome truck @So-Cal-Al-52. to answer your question "What is your goal? enough clearance to put weight on the bed?". Yes that is the goal. also, to be sure i have additional ground clearance for rocky sections i may encounter. First trip will be to Steele canyon in Death Valley and I've been watching videos of trucks getting hammered on the rocks/boulders there.

I for sure don't want to end up nose high, especially when/if i put a rack/RTT. This may be a dumb question, but how is (option 1) 1.5" front and nothing in the back different than (option 2)2.25" in the front and 1" in the back? From a "not being nose high" standpoint, I'd think option 1 and 2 in the end accomplish the same (with the .25" favorable difference of option 2), and simply provide more overall clearance? i will say, in looking at your truck, it is what I'm looking for and don't want to go too high. So confusing...
Understood, and in theory you are right with 1.5 front and nothing rear, or 2.25 and 1 rear as far as being level. So that may be a good option for more clearance. I didn't want to go higher than necessary as I was not sure if going higher would change center of gravity and body roll. But I don't think you want 3" in the front. Just my opinion.

I also agree maybe you want to find your bed solution...Camper, rack and how much that weighs and then find a lift option to meet that need. Because if it sits level with no weight in the bed it will surely squat when you add the bed gear.

In the pic above from DMays he is sitting level with all the gear installed, if I threw that on mine I would probably squat. I have not researched myself but there may be HD springs for the rear that hold the height with weight better than the OEM springs.

Tire size also matters, if you intend to keep BFG 37 KO2's they run smaller than other brands, I didn't catch which 37 you are running. But you definitely don't want to squat with weight in the bed on a larger tire because then you have less clearance.

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius on 37s.

I would almost decide on the bed setup before I decided on a leveling option. Different bed setups weigh much different amounts. If you do a tonneau, yakima rack, and a tent that is much different weight than a decked system, diamondback cover, and a leitner rack, and a tent. If you chose the suspension before the setup you may end up with a look or ride that you don't prefer.

This is solid advice. Figure out what you are going to carry at all times and take your purpose into account. Then figure out your suspension questions. Work backwards.

OP
OP
C

ConcoMX

Reaction score
Great advice, Thank you for the replies. Below is what I'm planning to go with in terms of bed cover and bars for the RTT, and I'll go with an Ikamper Skycamp 3.0 Mini when camping.

Is this considered heavy for the direction I'm thinking of going? Thanks again for helping out.

1687491933360.png