I have 60k miles on my 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me and my lube bay manager went down to SEMA, leaving my shop foreman and service writer in charge.

The tech that did it, called my lube bay manager (who was with me) and told him to tell me, and to also tell me not to be mad. (So basically avoiding me)

I probably would have lost my shit had I been there. But I try and judge decisions made in my absence a little less harshly.

He pulled calipers, went oh shit electric park brake, jumped in the cab. Put it in service mode. He said he knew he was eph-ed in about 5 secs. He said the motors just kept running and just watched as there was nothing he could do as both pistons popped out. Said took about 20 seconds of agony.

Ask if lesson was learned, answer yes. I moved on.

Last edited:

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thread. My 2020 has 43k. I have a FT job, but also a side business where I own a tree business. So my truck gets worked.

I too have zero issues. I've only changed the oil and nothing else. Drives and looks like a dream.

ziggy2022

Reaction score
Love reading these. Just got my phone call yesterday that I have a build date of 1/8. I’ve been back and forth forever between this or a Platinum 250 Tremor. The one concern I had was the bed size, but I think I’m over analyzing. I have 7 foot art booth panels that would barely not fit in my 2020 Tremor. Had to have the tailgate down and they just barely stuck out onto it. So I think they may just barely come to the end of the tailgate on the Raptor.
Anyway, base Black ‘24 will be mine in early Feb hopefully.

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A perfect and serious maintenance plan, congrats. !
Do you still have the OEM rear springs, are you satisfied with ?
If you do your transmision oil change yourself, say us how you do...The best manner to proceed is still confused..
OEM springs still, I’ll go w/ deavers &
Geisers when time comes, trying to push that off til 75-80k miles & I’ll replace/rebuild the shocks then roo

I forgot to mention I changed spark plugs @ 35k miles too

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I’ve had basically no issues whatsoever. Still rides great too despite being loaded up w/ 2 kids 2 dogs & wife on occasion & some towing/hauling (nothing crazy 3-5k lbs)

Avg about 14.8mpg overall (heavy foot lol). On computer but hand calculation usually 15.5 so I dunno

Replaced the tires once

Brakes still original (have a bit of a wobble feel at hwy speed but still got 30-40%)

I’ve changed the rear diff fluid 2x, front diff & T-case 2x, coolant 1x, & engine oil every 5k w/ amsoil 5w30 signature series & amsoil filter, amsoil fluid in rear diff, ford stuff in the T-case & front diff

Plan on doing trans fluid/front & rear diff/t-case, coolant swap @ 70k & do a brake job rotors/pads/fluid, then probably rebuild the shocks & see if any bushings/bearings need replacement @ 80k

Have fumoto valve for quick/clean oil change

Wanna drive it 120-150k miles

Thing still looks new too
Looks like you and I are pretty similar in everything. I have a ‘20 put new tires on at 53,000 and they said I could still get another 5-8k miles on them but winter is arriving here in MN so put new ones on anyway. Then went on a 5k mile road trip with my son and decided on the 60k mile recommended service. I’ve any of the trouble I’ve had is after the service dept is done and I have to bring it back. Had the transmission fluid replaced, noticed shifting was really bad and the saw tranny fluid spewing all over garage floor. I love this truck and at 59k miles still original brakes and they said plenty of life in them still. Shocks are just fine. So I’m a happy raptor owner and plan on keeping for a looong time.