Is it me or am I noticing a lot of members are getting rid of their Rap's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like every time I get on here I see a thread where people are parting out or letting the forum know that they sold/traded their truck in. Just curious on why it's becoming more common. Only reasons that I could really imagine on why someone would want to get rid of this awesome machine would be:
1. Don't drive or use
2. Getting another vehicle (very few vehicles out there can demand a justifiable reason to drop a Raptor due to being a more badass vehicle) other reasons like being a speed junky, work truck purposes, becoming a minivan family guy and ect........ People are entitled for whatever reason to do what they want but if you use this forum something made you join it and I would think you were a happy raptor owner at one point, so what's changed?
3. Mechanical issues- every model vehicle has those lemons but for the most part no real major problems have been associated with the raptor other than that stupid misconception that they have weak frames and aren't reliable due to being a ford. Yes I know our trucks have a weak spot but hell you get any other truck and expose it to the same conditions that can possibly bend a stock raptors frame then I would like to see how those other trucks hold up after and what damage they incur.
4. Unable to afford or any other reasons pertaining to situations regarding funds - I don't think this is a major factor but I understand things come up so you can't rule this one out. If you say fuel consumption... c'mon gas isn't too bad right now and you knew what to expect coming in.
5. Another interesting idea I've seen suggested on here that could be a reason on why people are selling their trucks is for the next generation model. It's kind of hard to really think that people are selling their trucks right now for the new one reason being that the new truck won't be coming out for quite some time. I would understand If we were at the end of this year or the beginning of next year to start trying to dump them but I guess if there's any truth to that idea I would think the best explanation would be that demand is still fairly high at the moment and "used" values are still demanding pretty close to what they went for new. I couldn't imagine getting rid of my truck right now for the new one when its not been tested or proven yet and also another thing that would bug the hell out of me is also the idea of not getting to drive one for the time being. Maybe some people on here know something that we don't know and ford might have an early surprise for us [emoji46]

Sure a lot members who got rid of their trucks in the past won't give a response due them probably not even using the forum anymore but for you guys selling at the moment or the ones contemplating on doing so what's the reason(s) being? An answer that I can truly understand as well being due to past experience is if the itch of the vehicle has worn off and it's time to move on to something else. Hope to get some responses and sorry for being so nosey guys LOL just wanted to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been contemplating for the past 6 months of getting rid of my Raptor too. Amongst other concerns, #3 + #5 are my main reasons for going back and forth on it. SInce I haven't gotten any good offers for my truck so far, I have decided to try to enjoy it a bit longer. While I fix everything that got borked up...and it's almost everything lol...

I have a feeling most people want to sell the Raptor while it still is hot - getting ready for the next gen...

Last edited:

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, I was just thinking this same thing. I mean whether its on FB or here you see trucks coming up for sale.

Maybe its a mental thing because on the other side of this conversation is a lot of the time I look at a thread or a post its a problem with these trucks. The non stop reading of this is not working or this problem is going on takes a toll on you and I just sit back and think it will eventually catch up with me.

I have been quite lucky so far as I have had NO issues with my truck, but its always in the back of my mind that the stupid simple stuff will start acting up.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Financials for me but I'm sure a lot of people are prepping for the new one. If you wait and trade up when they come out then the trade in value will be shit. If you sell now the values are still high.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My question to those who are selling in anticipation for the new gen is, what about the money you spend on the next car you pick up when you sell the raptor? Are you really saving that much? I would rather take a hit on trade in later on than have to buy another car till then. Not to mention how do you know you will even like the next gen?

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've thought about selling it, even while I continue to dump money into modding it. At the end of the day, I still don't see myself getting into gen 2 upon release, or even year 2. By then I'd be just getting into the glory days of enjoying the truck and (hopefully) have all mods finished and just covering general maintenance items. This and two years for me is a long time, just in the past two years I've seen major changes in my life. Who knows what may happen in the next two...shit I might not be around, you never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everything is always for sale.

A suitcase full of the appropriate amount of cash and you can have my truck as it sits.

That being said, I can't think of anything out there right now with the functionality, badassness, and pure joy of driving.

The money I saved every month from the sell would be nice, but I'd just waste that on guns.

So really, what's the point.