GEN 1 Lost MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed my gas mileage go up after I reset the trucks adaptations. Depending on mileage, maybe some spark plugs are in order. All 16 of them, lol.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's a green filter?

I think he is referring to a aftermarket washable filter. They come in many colors depending on brand, all do mostly the same thing- more flow, more filter and reusable. There are prolly threads about which is best and if/how much they help power. I have had Red-AirRaid now have Blue-AFE.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know if its the gas quality or the something about it being winter but I would get mid 14s very easily in Hawaii and in 2 tanks of driving in Virginia I'm getting about 12.8 .

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only got 29k miles.

If you're still running the rim setup shown in your sig, then I would say that's some of your problem. Based on the specs, you're running an additional 15 LBS total per wheel over the OEM weight. Heavier wheels and/or tires will hurt fuel consumption. Mostly in city type driving. Not as much if mostly highway driven.

I'm not sure what the rolling resistance may be on the Fuel tires either, but my guess is most certainly not as good as the OEM spec tires. With rolling resistance accounting for 25% of the overall vehicle resistance at highway speeds and only about 15% during stop and go driving, this may be another factor that could play into a loss of MPG.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're still running the rim setup shown in your sig, then I would say that's some of your problem. Based on the specs, you're running an additional 15 LBS total per wheel over the OEM weight. Heavier wheels and/or tires will hurt fuel consumption. Mostly in city type driving. Not as much if mostly highway driven.

I'm not sure what the rolling resistance may be on the Fuel tires either, but my guess is most certainly not as good as the OEM spec tires. With rolling resistance accounting for 25% of the overall vehicle resistance at highway speeds and only about 15% during stop and go driving, this may be another factor that could play into a loss of MPG.

I understand that, I was getting 12.5-12.8 on average. Now all the sudden I'm getting 11.3-11.5.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score