Front Receiver Trailer Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LittlEvil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am looking to install a front receiver trailer hitch on my Raptor. Ive seen pics on here that WARN supplies them and it comes out the lower vent, where I would like it as well. The under skirt mount is just way to low. Has anyone done this? Im looking for a part number. WARN has quite a few and you guys are pretty ingenious. Maybe someone used a cherokee hitch upside down or something. Would appreciate any help, thanks guys.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am looking to install a front receiver trailer hitch on my Raptor. Ive seen pics on here that WARN supplies them and it comes out the lower vent, where I would like it as well. The under skirt mount is just way to low. Has anyone done this? Im looking for a part number. WARN has quite a few and you guys are pretty ingenious. Maybe someone used a cherokee hitch upside down or something. Would appreciate any help, thanks guys.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/front-reciever-hitch-mount-winch-19826/

OP
OP
LittlEvil

LittlEvil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just got off the phone with WARN. Their customer service is excellent. None of their front trailer hitch receivers are for anything after 2005 for a Ford F150. So I measured my frame and found that the WARN 68680 is the same inner length. Now hoping the bolt pattern is the same (although drilling a few holes won't bother me to get this to work). I placed my order today and should be here in a week. After that Ill do an install write up with pics for you guys that want to do this or that are contemplating it. Ooooor I might be back to tell you it didn't fit. Fingers crossed.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome! You will be the pioneer on this...

OP
OP
LittlEvil

LittlEvil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not have Amazon Prime so shipping will be a bit longer. Delivery is scheduled for next Tuesday Feb 24th, Ill do the initial fit and/or install Saturday Feb 28th and post back to you guys Monday March 2nd. Thanks for having patience.

On a side note @magstar67 preformed this instal with a Curt 31057. He was gracious enough to get back to me with the model number so thank you. If the WARN 68680 does not fit I will be purchasing the Curt. As I am to understand the Curt will have to be mounted upside down and the receiver section will be retracted to behind the lower air damn/grill, requiring a hitch extender. I am trying to elevate this by having the WARN stick out from the grill a bit making mounting easier for a winch and cradle.

Differences noticed so far.

WARN 68680 - $250 - Weight Carrying Capacity 9,500lbs (as stated by WARN customer service)

Curt 31057 - $150 - Weight Carrying Capacity 5,000lbs (website)

More to come once I get the receiver hitch.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Subd also as I want something similar.

Anyone know if one of our vendors does this kind of work. I'd prefer sometime just to bring mine in and have them put/build a receiver, put it in, and set up the winch/wiring to work both in the front and rear.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a picture of the Wicked setup I have.

1265390_10200882434244670_1651344044_o.jpg

Older one with the cradle in

322907_10150350891085446_6187651_o.jpg