Abs module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Darren5387

Reaction score
As FT1 mentioned check the High Mount 3rd brake light to make sure there is no water in it.
My truck gave me similar ABS Fault codes that had nothing to do with the actual pump but was electrical. (Harness and grounds)
Start with the 3rd brake light. Is it the original? do all 3 LED work? Can you see moisture in the lens?
This will cause all sorts of Hill Decent ABS codes and issues.
Hey buddy, yes after his advice were going to check all of that.

Your correct it's knocked out hill decent cruise amd everything.

Great advice guys thanks so much.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Next thing to check are all of the body grounds. There is one under passenger side running board and 4-5 in the engine bay. Also a gound in the passenger footwell by the BCM.
I sanded off any paint added die-electric grease and reinstalled.
Also check the Fuse 27 . Has it been done?
Any kind of electrical interference into the Can-Bus system will throw these communication codes.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know this does not seem like it should be related to the issues you are having, but I resolved my "communication" issues immediately after doing Fuse 27 relocation and the Grounds. The Fuse block was slightly melted but did not fail, but I knew it needed to get done, so I did it.
Had a tech at Ford confirm that it was possible to have electrical interference due to the shorted Fuse 27. Basically bleed through to the surrounding fuse locations and into the Can-Bus.

1702573805382.png

OP
OP
D

Darren5387

Reaction score
Next thing to check are all of the body grounds. There is one under passenger side running board and 4-5 in the engine bay. Also a gound in the passenger footwell by the BCM.
I sanded off any paint added die-electric grease and reinstalled.
Also check the Fuse 27 . Has it been done?
Any kind of electrical interference into the Can-Bus system will throw these communication codes.
Really appreciate the help, nice one.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

if we knew this, this would have been the first thing to check. i figured it was only the abs that was the issue. moisture in the 3rd brake light causes all those symptoms

OP
OP
D

Darren5387

Reaction score
@FordTechOne so we've got a new over can brake light and installed, as the one in it was led and using one of the three wires have gone back to factory spec.

From previous advice above the only thing we have to do is check the earth's now and the front light wiring, but as you can see on diag still getting the same fault codes and with no foot on the peddle still reading below.

Any one else's advice greatly received
IMG-20240124-WA0012.jpgIMG-20240124-WA0011.jpg