DMH Exhaust Cut Outs - Customer Support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Sorry if this is in the wrong section!*

I've only had my DMH cut out since October of 2011 but as of 2 weeks ago, the cut out stopped working. Seems the internal motor broke with the cut out opened. I've since swapped in a block off plate for the time being. Calls to DMH have not been returned thus far over the last 2 weeks. I know I've heard before that its a small business and he is a great guy but so far, I can't say the same in customer support. It's a 5 year warranty on the unit but obviously thats only good if I can get a hold of someone and have them replace it.

Anyone having similar issues? I've left a few voicemails with my contact info.

Thanks guys,
Jeff

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine stuck momentarily a while back, so I sent an email to DMH. The problem went away on its own, but now that you mention it- he never responded to my email.

I like the product overall, but yeah, you gotta support your paying customers.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Here's the deal. He doesn't return messages. Even if you're a new customer wanting to order one. Just keep trying to call throughout the day. He makes a great product, is friendly, but he needs to hire a damn secretary!!!

OP
OP
SCelebs

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pain in the ass. I called a few different times today with no luck. I'll try calling daily but yea, totally unacceptable. I see that nearly every thread on the internet deals with someone having an issue getting replacement parts. I guess I should have gone QTP.

Banned
Reaction score
I've run into that with smaller companies to, it's good dealing with them because they usually have great products, at a decent price, but it's ****** since its just the one person.

Hopefully you get it figured out.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had DMH cut out on my Harley Truck (03') for 4 years and I'm on my 4 th set and even though he is hard to get a hold of, he takes great care of his customers WHEN you can catch him. Just keep trying and don't get ya head down. Longest a set lasted me was 1 1/2 years . Another thing, If your motor went out, get under the trck and play with the wire that is zip tied to it. Repositioning of that wire on the cutout was my easy fix.

OP
OP
SCelebs

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got ahold of him today. I was nearly caught off guard when he answered lol. He told me to ship it back to him and he'll get it fixed. I'll post again once I get it back. Hopefully it doesn't take months.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've yet to have an issue... Its been a year.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It won't take months but 7 days after you ship them back, be sure to keep calling to remind him. The man is busy and it doesn't seem like he gets much if any help to operate so bare with him. I know these cut outs should last a good bit but once you start throwing bigger numbers than 400-450 horsepower....that's when they don't hold up much and if they do, you will hear clatter over time.