2011 supercab or supercrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsmathi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im in the process of getting a raptor and i cant decide if I should get the 2 door or 4 door. I like the supercab just fine and I think that the crewcab takes away from the raptor's purpose and look. I don't want to order one or the other and regret it once it's here. I also wish that there was some more pics out there of the 2011's besides the silver truck. Any info to help?

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I just recieved some supercrew pics from a Ford salesman who attended a new truck show for dealers, send me you email and I will forward them.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
supercab looks meaner than the supercrew IMO. the supercrew is cool, but like you said it's sort of an atrocity considering what the Raptor is all about.

deets

Reaction score
The Crew cab is the only reason I am able to look at buying one. For those that need a truck for work, the crew cab offers more room and more towing capacity. Personally, I can't spend $60g on a truck only to drive fast down a few logging roads in my spare time. If I buy a truck it needs to at the very least, be able to haul a small trailer with tools if the need be.

Obviously you need to be aware of the limitations of this vehicle, but the new Crew cab is bridging the gap for people who want to drive this truck as a viable light duty work truck.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
supercab looks meaner than the supercrew IMO. the supercrew is cool, but like you said it's sort of an atrocity considering what the Raptor is all about.

I'm actually curious as to why you think it's an "atrocity" considering what the Raptor is all about?

What exactly is the Raptor all about that the Supercrew takes away from it?

deets

Reaction score
I'm actually curious as to why you think it's an "atrocity" considering what the Raptor is all about?

I agree. I think that some Raptor owners are unrealistic. They think their truck is the "end all and be all" of offroad vehicles. It might currently be the best offroad pickup offered in STOCK configuration, but the Raptor was built for a daily driver. One could build a far more capable offroad vehicle for less money than the asking price of a Raptor. If no compromise offroad performance is what the raptor was "all about", id say the guys at SVT fell short.

For me, I love offroading, but I need my daily driver to perform tasks at work that require a box and some towing capacity. The Raptor is geared for people who want a healthy compromise. To pretend the Raptor is a thoroughbred is ludicrous.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I was incredibly torn on this issue. I currently drive a truck with almost the same wheelbase as a crew F-150 ('04 GMC Sierra ext cab) and the breakover angle is its biggest impediment off road. But then the SuperCrew is significantly more practical to drive the 130 miles from my home to a good CA OHV area with a few friends to go do what the Raptor was intended for in the first place. And from what I've seen on the Internet and in the tremendous number of desert trucks that drive around Orange County, CA, a 145" wheelbase is not going to ruin your day in the desert. Every 1/2 ton full size crew cab or extended cab pickup on the market has roughly this wheelbase.

And then of course there's the fact that SVT said it was okay...they designed the truck to begin with, I'll trust their take on it.

I do think a SuperCab would be a bit more fun, but I think a SuperCrew is more practical.

Have a 2011 crew on the way.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score

the Raptor is supposed to be a wide, mean, short wheelbase off roader. the longer wheel base will significantly take away from the look of the truck as well as the off road capability. in my opinion the SCREW is Ford's response to the unexpected sales and demand for the Raptor and it's not as authentic.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
133" is not a short wheelbase. 90" is a short wheelbase. :D

800px-Land_Rover_Defender_front_20070518.jpg
(Don't have one, but have always liked them!)