Is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy that one then at $42000. You'd do well to find an even older model with low miles so you can afford to "mod it your way ". There are some nicely done trucks for sale through this forum. Maybe you just can't afford exactly what you want. Welcome to the real world son.
Good luck with your quest.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, let's keep this real.

You want a 13 or 14 Raptor (because you don't want an 'old' one) with low miles, stock. Here's an example - there is a 13 with 30k miles for sale in town right now. Bone stock. $54,995.00. Sure, it's overpriced. But do you think there is $14,995.00 built into what they bought it for. No, there isn't.

I think for $40k, you should realistically set your sights on a 10 - 12, with higher mileage. We've all told you that well maintained Raptors last. There is a thread on here somewhere where guys are in a 100k mile competition. Like I mentioned, mine has 82k miles on it, and you can't even tell. Take that advice. It's the right advice. We have nothing to gain steering you in the wrong direction, right? 80% of these trucks haven't EVER been off roaded hard. So chances are if you find an 'older' one, it was a pavement princess and probably maintained very well. These weren't cheap trucks to buy when new.

Sometimes we have to hear what we don't want to hear, and this is one of those times if you are looking for a good condition Ford Raptor in the $40k price range......

OP
OP
K

Krutoy

Reaction score
So, let's keep this real.

You want a 13 or 14 Raptor (because you don't want an 'old' one) with low miles, stock. Here's an example - there is a 13 with 30k miles for sale in town right now. Bone stock. $54,995.00. Sure, it's overpriced. But do you think there is $14,995.00 built into what they bought it for. No, there isn't.

I think for $40k, you should realistically set your sights on a 10 - 12, with higher mileage. We've all told you that well maintained Raptors last. There is a thread on here somewhere where guys are in a 100k mile competition. Like I mentioned, mine has 82k miles on it, and you can't even tell. Take that advice. It's the right advice. We have nothing to gain steering you in the wrong direction, right? 80% of these trucks haven't EVER been off roaded hard. So chances are if you find an 'older' one, it was a pavement princess and probably maintained very well. These weren't cheap trucks to buy when new.

Sometimes we have to hear what we don't want to hear, and this is one of those times if you are looking for a good condition Ford Raptor in the $40k price range......

I don't have a limit of 40k, It was a theoretical because some people don't know how to read. Thank you for the clarification in my initial question, do they last? Yes they do. Ok thank you, have a nice day everyone.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a limit of 40k, It was a theoretical because some people don't know how to read. Thank you for the clarification in my initial question, do they last? Yes they do. Ok thank you, have a nice day everyone.

So stop wasting our time with theoretical questions and have daddy buy you the truck built by SVC. It'll have all the mods you were asking about in the other thread.

OP
OP
K

Krutoy

Reaction score
So stop wasting our time with theoretical questions and have daddy buy you the truck built by SVC. It'll have all the mods you were asking about in the other thread.

Wasting your time? It is completely voluntary to post and I did it to explain something. I swear I thought I was the 16 year old. What is SVC

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
OP
OP
K

Krutoy

Reaction score

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Wasting your time? It is completely voluntary to post and I did it to explain something. I swear I thought I was the 16 year old. What is SVC

I guess not everyone knows SVC is Southern VelociRaptor Customs. You know, the home of custom VelociRaptor Raptors that several members here at FRF have been able to pick up for around 37k depending on mileage.

@bmacked has SVC VelociRaptor #57.

OP
OP
K

Krutoy

Reaction score
I guess not everyone knows SVC is Southern VelociRaptor Customs. You know, the home of custom VelociRaptor Raptors that several members here at FRF have been able to pick up for around 37k depending on mileage.

@bmacked has SVC VelociRaptor #57.

Can't find anything called Southern VelociRaptor Customs, is there a website you can link me to