Sandy Springs Ford - Atlanta (what would you do?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mods, sorry for posting this here... I wasn't sure where this post should go... please move it to the appropriate forum if necessary.

I had a great experience trading my 2009 Carerra in for a 2011 Raptor until today!

Here's a link to the Porsche Forum....

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-wing-finished-painted-black.html#post3185272

Long story short... traded the Porsche in on Saturday 4-16-11. I was told they would remove the aftermarket wing and install the stock OEM deck lid, give me back the wing so that I could privately sell it on me own. I took the OEM deck lid down to them on Monday 4-18-11. Today 4-22-11, the salesperson calls and tells me they sold my porsche before removing the wing and they can't get it back for me.

I already had a buyer waiting for $1500!

She initially offered me a few hundred out of her own pocket and the rest in dealership services... I appreciate that, but its a long drive to Atlanta for an oil change... I really want my $1500.

The owner wasn't there today... they'll have to talk to him on Monday.

In my opinion, they need to eat it and cut me a check for $1500... that's just business. Like me as a dentist, if you don't like the crown or denture I made for you and if I have to remake it... guess what? I still incur another expensive lab bill and I have to eat it!

Between selling me a Raptor at $1000 off MSRP and $60,000 for my Porsche Trade-In... giving me $1500, I doubt they'd be upside down in this deal....

What would you do?

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received a bid from Sandy Springs. Then I told them my lowest price so far, the response was 'We want to make a profit so sorry we could not do business." Nice people though.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upen,

That's the problem... no, its not in writing. You know how it is when you buy a car/truck... you're there for like 4 hours, you're exhausted, then at the end you sign like a dozen papers.

I do not, unfortunately, have anything in writing that says they owe me the wing...

We both know the answer to my initial post... I guess I'm screwed IF Sandy Springs Ford doesn't care about their reputation.

I will go out of my way to find every Ford Forum on the internet I can to tell tell them about Sandy Springs Ford in Atlanta...

The Saleslady, Jaclyn, admits that she told me I could have my wing back... I took the stock one to her father on Monday, he knows and acknowledges our agreement...

Lesson learned... get it in writing! It was so casual buying the truck, it never occurred to me to have it in writing... to me, it was just a "part" they were going to give back to me, at $1500 bucks, its nothing to throw away or sneeze at, but its not that expensive per say...

I emailed the owner.. we'll see if they do what I believe to be the right thing.

And perhaps its unfair for me to blast Sandy Springs here publicly as you guys are only getting one side of the story... for all you know I could be making the whole thing up.... I had to post this though on the other Porsche forum as I didn't want to pi$$ off the guy who was going to buy the wing at a great price, I didn't want him to think I was going back on our deal to sell it to someone else for a couple hundred dollars more. I use the same screen name on a few other website forums and don't wan't what they call on the porsche forum a "bad actor" reputation.

Last edited:

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO! Do not deal with Sandy Springs Ford. There pricing is Ridiculous, they tell such lies to lure their potential customer in. I was told that only 500 Raptors exist for the 2010 model. Was also told that there was no such thing as a Raptor for less than 47,000. Too bad i got mine for 45,000 I traded in an Audi and they tried so hard to **** me on that deal... I eventually went to Wade Ford (recommend strongly)
I have very strong feelings towards them. I even told them I was planning on buying 4 more work vehicles which they lost due to their lies and complete car salesman attitude.
They literally are the epitome of car salesman.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you got $60k trade, they sold it for $68k.... the sales rep knows you were coming, and she doesn't deny knowing it.

They need to pony up the $1500..... maybe you can bring/email the info that shows you had the wing sold to someone for $1500?.... idk....

they are covered in the money they made on your car, plus the $6k plus back money they made on the Raptor they sold ya.... so they may have made $15,000 on your trade/new purchase.

hold em to it, or maybe you call the fuzz and report it as theft, because you have a LOSS of the wing that was supposed to be there when you drove over to go get it.

Play to win :)

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw SS ford and I was already pissed. After re-reading your post I can only say your ******.... I don't see how you could have a stand when it's not in writing. If it werent that dealership I would say you have potential to get your Wing back but since I know they have 0 customer service or loyalty... Your ******.

Btw I went there to get a factory part, as it is closest to my house, I saw your black Porsche there.. Have to say it was a very good looking car. I do wish you luck on getting your shit back. It's really a shame that they are so twisted.

Also try threatening them by saying your going to Clark Howard, blasting them on forums, or going to the BBB or better business bureau.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have asked for a Ford Dealership recommendation from you guys first!

Maybe next time...

IF I get an email response back from Brian Logun, the manger/part-owner or however this situation gets resolved (if at all)... I will post here.

Bottom line, this is my fault... I should have gotten it in writing.

Also, I did email them the link to the Porsche Forum showing the wing was sold... Who's Clarke Howard? Attorney?

I'm almost willing to contact an attorney and ask them if they want a free $1500... if they can get the money, they can have it all... a $1500 loss is a thorn in my side, but its not going to kill me, this a matter of principle to me at this point.

At least in the end, I've got a really cool truck! Kinda like adopting a sweet little baby from it's crackhead mother I guess? Don't blame the product is what I'm getting at.

Last edited:

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea next time. I can tell you that manager is as ****** as they come. I dont know the guys name I dealt with but I got a firm talking to by him saying that he needs to make a profit and the deal I had was ******** (which btw was in writing on my email and I showed him that)... Anyways your stuck now, you can only try your hardest and threaten as much as possible... If I were to take a stab at jt, I'm sure they knew what they were doing, selling your car with the wing on it.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck, but I think your screwed.
Even if it's in writing a lot of dealers still try to worm out of things. I take everything I want off of any vehicle before I hand it over to a dealer, you simply cant trust most of them.